TrackIR3 random failure

Mykk001

TrackIR3 random failure

Post by Mykk001 »

I have TrackIR3 with vector support and the latest series 4 drivers on Win 7 64bit. I've been using the device without problems recently but quite randomly on starting TrackIR it fails to pick up data from the reflectors. The green light comes on for about 5 secs and then goes out and I get a "no data" signal. This only occurs when starting a new session. The only cure is uninstall and re-install and hey presto all OK again. A few weeks later the same problem would occur.
this is getting frustrating. The problem occurs regardless of driver, I've tried both 4 and 5 series.

Any ideas please.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR3 random failure

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Interesting. When this happens, what are the 4 red lights inside the camera doing?
Mykk001

Post by Mykk001 »

The red light are on
NaturalPoint - Mike

What appears in the camera view window when this happens? Could you possibly get a screenshot of it?
Mykk001

Post by Mykk001 »

If you mean the tracking window it is a black screen with the faintest horizontal green line running at the very top.
NaturalPoint - Mike

It's possibly happening as a result of the camera being on it's way out, which would explain the green horizontal line at the top. It would be hard to verify without trying to install the camera on another computer and testing it there, though.
Mykk001

Post by Mykk001 »

Thanks for that. BTW I've just re-installed it and its fine again!! Go figure??