2.0 looks nice - my Hotkey problems remain

Dexmeister

2.0 looks nice - my Hotkey problems remain

Post by Dexmeister »

I am unable to enable hotkeys in 2.0 software. I can select them, and configure them, but they do not get received by the trackIR software, ever.

This was the case with the 1.40 software too, and I waited for 2.0 hoping it would resolve itself.

A question from anyone running 2.0:
If you select key X for 'Enable and then press key X, does the on/off in the 'Hotkeys' screen switch on and off? Mine does not.

In IL2 or FS2002 (only ones yet tried with 2.0 and most of the reason I bought trackIR) nothing happens when the hotkeys are pressed, whether defaults or other buttons are used.

Please someone, I need help at this point. Thx.
Birch

Re: 2.0 looks nice - my Hotkey problems remain

Post by Birch »

Can you give us some information about your system?

OS / serivce packs
keyboard type (ps/2, usb, etc)
motherboard
etc?

This might help narrow down the problem some.

Birch
Cess-Lorak

Post by Cess-Lorak »

Dex,

Forgive me for asking what may seem to be a dumb question. But always good to start with the easy stuff first.

On the main screen where your hot keys are listed. The buttons beside them are grey correct?

White=disabled
Grey= enabled

Just checking.
Cess-Lorak
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

Okay, I'm pasting excerpts from my 1.4 related post since most of it applies.

Issues:
***Hotkeys do not work for any game whatsoever***

-if I select MSFS2002 in the trackIRGX software, then press F8 as directed in instructions, nothing turns red on the screen as it should (n/a in 2.0 software, right?)
-in FS2002, the mouse tracks my head movement but F8 & F12 (and tried other keys) won't put FS2002 into panning mode so I just see my mouse pointer moving around

Tried the following:
-clean install of FS2002
-reinstall (multiple times) of the trackIR.DLL onto both my original FS2002 install and also the fresh one
-removal, reboot, reinstall of trackIR software, versions 1.22 (shipped with my unit), 1.40 and 2.0
-chose various different mode and centre buttons

System Specs:
Win2k Pro, fully updated with all service packs
VIA 4.45 drivers
AMD XP2100 1.7ghz
512 MB RAM
Logitech mouse, keyboard, joystick
Matrox Parhelia tripleview display
-Extra USB 2.0 card
-PS/2 port keyboard
-PS/2 port mouse

So, in summary, at this point, it seems that F8 or whatever else I select as the 'Mode' key does nothing whatsoever in any application, which is also true for the F12 function.

I've switched the keys around, removed the software multiple times, installed using an Admin account, installed using my normal account, installed 1.22, 1.30 and 1.40, and the only thing that currently works is any sim view that is mouse controlled.

[ February 18, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Dexmeister ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Also, make sure that the TOGGLE button next to it is blue (enabled).

You will not see any difference on the buttons on the hotkey profile when enabling / disabling the TIR tracking mode. However, in the bottom left hand corner you will see the word TRACKING, NO DATA, DISABLED depending on the TIR status. That should switch between DISABLED and TRACKING when you hit your enable button over and over.
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

Toggle buttons are blue, but I don't have one for 'Motion Mode' at the moment.

If I press the 'Enable' button, the status remains 'Tracking' regardless.
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

Interesting to note (maybe).

In the NaturalPoint profiler, are LWin and RWin supposed to be depicting the left and right windows buttons? If so, when I press either of those keys, the start menu comes up, which it shouldn't if I had a profile enabled, right?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

It sounds to me like the hotkey driver just isn't working on your machine, plain and simple. I think that your post about the LWin keys shows us that. The only conclusion that I can draw is that there must be a conflict with your keyboard driver or another program that is loaded that is also interferring with your keyboard driver. In all the thousands of systems we have sold I have only seen this twice, your are the third person. Both other users had Logitech wireless keyboards and mice and then when they switched to PS/2 keyboard and mouse AND CHANGED THE DRIVER back to the basic Microsoft one all problems went away. I haven't heard of this problem lately, this was about 1 year ago, so I assume that Logitech released new drivers that fixed the problem.

Ideas; change out your keyboad driver and make sure it is the basic MS one. Try the unit out on another computer, to make sure that you can verify the software is working like you think it should. Failing that you will need to reinstall Win2K, as there is something loaded that is gumming up the works.
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

I've just plugged in a corded keyboard and will remove all logitech related drivers and see where I can get.

I'll post back and thanks for the help!
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

Okay, I've replaced my keyboard and mouse drivers with the generic Microsoft ones and to no avail.

Can I possibly get more info on what drivers are related to the 'Hotkey driver' that isn't working on my machine? I'm reluctant to go and reinstall Win2000 and then run all the service pack updates again because I may land right back here.

Also, when I was removing my keyboard and mouse I noticed that for each of them there was an extra item in my system config, namely a 'HID Compatible' device. Could this be the problem? I've removed them but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm willing to reinstall Windows, but would rather know something about the drivers I'm trying to fix first...