Crashes and Freezes

Mark H

Crashes and Freezes

Post by Mark H »

Hi - Windows 7 64 Bit. Latest Drivers from Natural point. Direct X 11.

All was fine with Track IR with FSX until a couple of days ago. Since then, every time I started TrackIR (TIR software launches ok and all looks fine) but when I put on the "Track Hat with Clip" the computer soon after, crashes to blue screen and only way to turn it off it to unplug the computer. Even the computer reset button stops working it's that bad a crash.

It's definitely the track IR as it completely repeatable. Even if I have no other games/software going just the Track IR, the introduction of the hat clip to the Track IR sensor creates a complete freeze and hard reboot required about 90% of the time. The computer never misbehaves other than when TIR is tracking.

Sometimes I get 30 mins Tracking before a blue screen but mostly it's 10 seconds. All the 4 red lights illuminate and the green image of the three clip sensors look fine in the Tracking software - then it soon crashes.

MarK
Mark H

Re: Crashes and Freezes

Post by Mark H »

OK may have sussed this. I changed screen resolution to 120 Hz recently - backed it to 100 Hz and seems better. Would this be the reason?
Seth Steiling

Re: Crashes and Freezes

Post by Seth Steiling »

There shouldn't be any direct correlation between your display refresh rate and TrackIR, but the crashing could have been related to a GPU driver/setting issue. If so, perhaps changing the display refresh rate also reset something in your GPU settings, which might have in turn fixed any potential conflicts with the TrackIR software's software rendering and your graphics card.

Just a theory. :)

Keep us posted if it pops up again and is repeatably confirmed to be tied to TrackIR.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack