TrackIR Software 5.2 and Synergy

Acidictadpole

TrackIR Software 5.2 and Synergy

Post by Acidictadpole »

I use http://synergy-foss.org/ for sharing my mouse/keyboard with another pc in the house, and it appears as though this conflicts with the TrackIR software in a peculiar way.

I cannot set bindings in the trackir software when synergy is running (even if it's not connected). All that happens is that I get mouse1 bound to the currently selected item, and no other keys will be picked up.

Mouse 1 appears to be pressed randomly on this screen in this state, and it's the only thing that gets picked up. It's really strange.

Anyway, stopping Synergy helped. But I wanted to drop it here in case others had this problem, and maybe NaturalPoint can look into it.
Last edited by Acidictadpole on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Update link to correct one for synergy website
Birch

Re: TrackIR Software 5.2 and Synergy

Post by Birch »

Synergy may be setting it's keyboard hook in such a way that the keys are not passed along to the keyboard hook used by the TrackIR software for hotkeys.

The TrackIR software uses the standard Windows API SetWindowsHookEx() method which allows the keys to be passed along as normal to other applications once they have been tested for hotkey state.

Since Synergy is open source software, you can try passing this information along to them to see if they can update their keyboard hooking to be more compatible with applications using SetWindowsHookEx().