Thanks Guys!!!!

Georgio

Thanks Guys!!!!

Post by Georgio »

Thanks for the after sales support guys!
I've only had time for a quick go of Ver. 2.0 and I think TrackIR has finally matured into a 'must have' product.
Now the work begins though as developers must be persuaded to incorporate custom support for TrackIR into their programs.
This especially important now that user keymapping has been abandoned. All Track users need to politely stress to game developers that if support for Track is not built into their release then sales will be affected.
For your part the incorporating of Track into these developments needs to be as straightforward as possible to keep costs/time to a minimum which in turn encourages developers to look on TrackIR favourably.
You are in a very good position of having a practical, affordable, almost unique system. That will not always be the case as other companies cotton onto the prospective market you now enjoy.
Once again thank you for the single biggest improvement to my simming in 10 years.
(PS. Is the cheque in the post yet? )
Charlie251

Re: Thanks Guys!!!!

Post by Charlie251 »

Another satisfied customer. I knew there were more of you out there!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Georgio:

Thanks for the kind words. We do have a very nice SDK for game developers that we have put a lot of work and money into over the past 2 months. It should take any developer with a 3D cockpit about 30 minutes to add support. This is mainly due to the great initial feedback given to us by the BoB crew, thanks for working with us to get it all straightened out!

Now it is up to us and our users to "gently" persuade developers to include trackIR Enhanced support. There is an impressive list of coming titles that I have seen and I think that it is only going to get bigger.
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Jim,
No thank you for the concept and development of the unit.
Just as a suggestion, would it not be a good idea to have a list on the forums/website of up and coming titles with either 'big tick' support included or 'X' for no support but get e-mailing and it might just get incorporated.
It's only that the majority of the time consumers don't get to find out until they've bought a title that it doesn't have support.
A glaring example of this would be Combat Flight Sim. 3 'As real as it gets' and they couldn't even be bothered to put in mouse-look let alone Track support.
Yet FS2002 has fantastic custom support, same publisher, I just don't get it?
I'll start a topic over in games and see how it goes.........
gaming247

Post by gaming247 »

i guess we only have trackIR support in FS2002 because of the modders not because of the developers.
FS2002 is one of the best read out program that u can have. (look at fsupic )

Is the SDK the game developers get, the same kit that is available on your download section ?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Microsoft has a tendancy to ignore NP. So I say screw M$ and not buy their products.

Jim, an add on to your webpage of new games coming out with a green check mark (full support), yellow question mark (possible works), and a red X (no support) would be good.

Then the game developers get an anonymous email with the link to that page on it. They see their game with a big red X on it, and hear out comments about it, and decide they want a green check there.

Of course, then you wouldnt need a 7'4" 300 lbs guy to strong arm game developers and Halstead may miss that benifit of his job...
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

MS are great at ignoring their customers so stuff them CFSIII was a huge dissapointment anyway ,it's more like Crimson Skies with WW2 planes than a realistic flight sim. I only bought my TIR a few weeks ago and very happy with it and impressed with the development speed between the releases.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

That is MS for you. I guess when you get to be a giant, you dont care who your stepping on. I just wonder how long it will take for people to finally get sick of it and for another product to come along to match thiers.

Speaking of which, anyone heard how LINDOWS is doing?