Led starts to blink and TrackIR goes crazy

whatnott

Led starts to blink and TrackIR goes crazy

Post by whatnott »

Hi,

I recently ordered TIR5 with TrackClip and it works but goes bananas every now and then. I rarely get to fly more than 15 mins before it goes berserk.

What happens is that the left light starts to blink and then I look all over the cockpit in DCS.

Apparently this led means that it loses track of the ir objects, but what causes that to happen randomly?

There was a thread (http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... mber=40617) with some guy having the same issue he downloaded some 3rd party fps limiter sw which helped, but I wouldn't want to do that.

In the TIR SW it seems like the three dots turn red (sometimes one, sometimes all) when it happens. And then it might glitch for 5 secs and work again for 5 secs.

So what should I investigate / troubleshoot next? Can this be a defective unit?

I'm running Win 7 64Bit with 2600k + gtx580 + 8GB RAM. The TIR is plugged directly to PC and I've tried three different USB ports. I'm running TIR SW 5.2.2
Seth Steiling

Re: Led starts to blink and TrackIR goes crazy

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Whatnott,

Can you post a screenshot of the 2D Camera View during one of these freakouts? In particular, we'll be looking for red spots that can represent other sources of IR light and/or reflections--either of which can destabilize the tracking data.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack