I think I am confused ...

DoubleUgly

I think I am confused ...

Post by DoubleUgly »

Ok, I don't know if I have been misinformed or if I am doing something wrong in the new software.

1. Do I HAVE to set up a profile to automatically load for an "enhanced" game that is listed in the TIR 2.0 software or does the 2.0 software already have a default profile for each game listed?

2. I am losing center in Strike Fighters. I have tried it where it automatically loads my profile and I have tried it where it does not. I have even made sure that the enhanced button is checked before starting the game. So, does Strike Fighters have the .dll or does it not? If it does, does it work like it should or am I doing something wrong. I know that another guy here said he loses center in SF as well.

3. If I turn on the enhanced mode button, save a profile, close the TIR software and restart it, and then load the profile again, the enhanced mode button is off and the mouse emulation button is on. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks for any information!

P.S. Just to stay with the flow of things here ... this &*$#% SUCKS ... ooooops, wait a minute ....
Birch

Re: I think I am confused ...

Post by Birch »

I think I can answers questions 1 and 3 for you, and maybe a little of 2.

1. You do not have to associate (creating profiles and associating them are seperate actions) an autoload profile if you do not want to. If you do not set up a profile for a particular game, it will just use the profile that you currently have loaded.

The idea is that if you have special settings which are custom to a particular game, then you can create a profile with those and it can optinally load those settings for you when the game starts, and unload them when the game ends.

The list of games is only for profile association, you do not have to select a game in the list in order to enable it.

2. I am not certain about support in Strike Fighters, that is Halsteads area of expertise. However if you are losing center, I would suspect that you are running under Mouse Emulation mode. If you are using the track Enhanced mode button instead of the Motion Mode hotkey, then see the note on #3, checking the button on the Motion page only sets the motion edit type, not the actual tracking mode.

3. Note : Selecting a motion mode to edit in the Motion page does not actually change the mode, you must use the Motion Mode (usually F8) hotkey to accomplish this.

Either way, when the software starts it will always default to Mouse Emulation mode. This is because that is the lowest common denominator for support in games and also gives visual feedback to the user that the device is working.

Hope this helped some!

Birch
DoubleUgly

Post by DoubleUgly »

Thanks Birch Zimmer ... your information helped a lot!
Jimbud

Post by Jimbud »

I was the "other guy" haveing problems with strike fighters.
I am sure that this was my problem, I thought that the radio button set the mode type for the profile.

thanks
honda346

Post by honda346 »

Birch,
I had a similar post days ago that I figured out the answer to and having seen this I'm guessing a more obvious radio button or option selection for which mode you are saving in a profile would be helpful for some future version of the software. The current radio buttons that are just selecting your current edit mode is a bit confusing when you go to save the profile and you hadn't hit the F8 mode key yet. Just some feedback if you want it...