Warthunder Freeze

AWKdF

Warthunder Freeze

Post by AWKdF »

While playing last night, I was in a Battle when the TrackIR 5 went crazy. Started looking behind me, could not re-center. Finally crashed. Upon getting out of the game, I made sure that there was no extra light source it might be reading, and I noticed the left light was no longer on, thinking it was out of adjustment, I moved the Tracker screen and it was red-hot. Totally quit working. Shut it down disgusted and shut down the computer. Went downstairs to the other computer and played some other games and looked up the warranty. Who on earth keeps the "Original Packaging"? Anyway, this morning it was working again, but only flew 2 missions so that I would make sure it would not overheat again. Is this a known problem with these units?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Warthunder Freeze

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

I have not heard of a TrackIR overheating during gameplay. How long was this on? Do you have this plugged directly into the computer's USB port or a USB hub? Are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0?

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
AWKdF

Post by AWKdF »

Direct USB on Computer. My Joysticks are on a powered Hub.. Using 2.0 on a ASUS Sabertooth X58, I7 , Win7 Pro (32). Was on at the most 45 min. It is always plugged in, but only on when I fly Warthunder.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Very nice motherboard. 45 minutes doesn't seem long at all for this to be heating up. I invite you to submit a ticket at help.naturalpoint.com so I can further assist you.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
AWKdF

Post by AWKdF »

Done, I just copied and pasted this conversation. Thanks