Not working in game

Codger

Not working in game

Post by Codger »

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Trackir 3 being used in Il-2 1946 completely updated. I'm currently using driver version 4.1.025 (came with the unit). I've tried several versions including the latest with the same result. The unit works fine in the Trackir software (older versions but not detected at all in the latest version) but doesn't work at all in the game. No tracking, no hot button control. A week ago everything worked in game. Any ideas?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Not working in game

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Codger,

I would check to make sure your games list is up to date. Is TrackIR working in any other games? Have you reinstalled the game?

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Codger

Post by Codger »

Thanks Dustin

I reinstalled the game and all patches (Il-2 1946) and installed v5.1.3Final. Works fine now.

Regards,
Codger (aka Ray)
p.s. My initial course of action was to do a forum search and discovered similar problems for which the posters were referred to tech support but I posted my problem first in this forum because I know the mods and techs prefer that. In any event your quick replies and suggestions in both venues are highly appreciated.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Ray,

Thanks for the status update and I appreciate the forum post. It is beneficial to the TrackIR community.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav