OMG!!! Simply amazing :)

Kinjari

OMG!!! Simply amazing :)

Post by Kinjari »

Just wanted to give a big <S!> to the devs. I ordered my trackIR last week in anticipation of the Forgotton Battles release (you guys need to give a thumbs up to the trackIR crowd on the IL-2 boards...I found out about your product and purchased it solely from the many threads on those boards linking to your site).

Well I heard that it could be tricky to set up and get used to so when it arrived the other day I was I little apprehensive. Let me just say, I literally went home, D/L'ed 2.0, ran the install, enabled FS2002 support, set up a quick profile and fired up FS2002.....wow! WOW!!!!
Amazing! Despite the fact that the settings were a little too high (ie very twitchy) I tooled around Chicago zipping around the buildings and then loaded up a 3rd party Stearman that had a virtual cp and took off from Torrance CA and flew out to Catalina (I grew up out there and used to work for Catalina Airlines flying out to the island in Grumman Gooses on cargo runs) What a hoot! Ive played with FS2002 non-stop since I got the trackIR hooked up (I barely touched it after I bought the game...to boring) but now its really come alive! I cant wait to get FB today and see how that feels! The immursion factor has jumped through the roof!

Summary: Quick and easy install, a little tweaking to calm down the jumpiness and Im in sim heaven!!! Outstanding product guys! Im loving it
Charvel

Re: OMG!!! Simply amazing :)

Post by Charvel »

Welcome to the fold!

I don't own FS2002 yet but I will soon. That is if I can stop playing FB long enough after I get it on Saturday.

Let us know your thoughts on FB and how well TIR works with it when you get it.

S!
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

Try flying the Stearman in the "Into the Canyon" Scenic Wonders flight. Totally wild!

Forgotten Battles is going to absolutely rock with trackIR.... Now if I can just find a store that's got it
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Kinjari welcome to FS2002 and TIR, I was in the same boat as you didnt bother with FS2002 as it was a bit boring for me too (I like VFR flying) Anyway with TIR it totaly opened up FS2002 too me. I also love the Stearman and its my fav ride for useing TIR with, other good rides are the microlights that you can get from Avsim there are one or two with good VC out there.

Also looking forward to FB but we have to wait 2-3 weeks here in the UK
Kinjari

Post by Kinjari »

Thx for the welcome guys

Thought Id give a quick update based on my experience with FB last night...

Got the game installed and when through the setup process trying to get the most out of the graphics (my rig = Asus P4tE Mobo, P4 2.2 gig, 512 RD RAM, GeForce 4 TI4600, Win 2k). After selecting 1280x960x32 I realized my comp could not really handle it...it was a bit jerky in open sky and downright laggy in full battle with a sky full of aircraft so I backed it down to 1024x760x32 and it smoothed right out. So I exit and fire up the trackIR software, lo and behold FB is listed in the dropdown menu on the right. I selected it, created a new profile, enabled enhanced mode and saved it. Then selected it as the active profile and fired up FB.

Wow, you guys are gonna love it!!! It worked perfectly!!! No more centering problems, no more drift, great range of motion, just increadible!!! The only tiny flaw I notice is that if I pan quickly the graphic tend to 'shard', ie they look kind of splintered or shattered for a second. Its not a show stopper by any stretch...Im very picky about details and notice stuff like that right away. I have not had a chance to play with the settings yet so it may be a simple fix or I may just need another set of 512 to get me to a gig of RAM...all in all though very very very nice

You guys are gonna love FB, the P-47 is sooo much fun to fly against ground targets. Its sooo cool to be tooling along and spot smoke from a train, keep your line of sight focused there, roll in from 2k and open up with all those 50 cals...the ground churns up all around the target as all that lead pours down...wooohooo!!! Good stuff

All I can say is that trackIR had taken flight sims the next big step forward
honda346

Post by honda346 »

Kinjari,
I have the same fragmenting graphics when panning. I know if you set your video card to sync the vertical rate it is supposed to stop that but it didn't do anything for me. My trouble is getting the profile dead zones and such to work as a lot of time I'm not sure it is changing anything in the game.

Funny thing is the one time it looked like it adjusted the "throw" was when I went into what I thought was mouse mode... oh well still tweaking and will take getting used to but awesome overall!
Kinjari

Post by Kinjari »

Yup...someone on the IL-2 boards mentioned enabling v sync to eliminate that problem but when I checked it was already set

Ive noticed in FB that openGL reduces it while directX makes it worse...yet I get lock ups with openGL. It seems others are having similar problems with FB and that there are a few bugs that need to get patched.

Ill keep tweaking and let you know if I find any solutions
honda346

Post by honda346 »

The openGL issue is with the ATI latest drivers. Everyone has the same problem in Nascar 2003 and other games. I'm assuming you have an ATI card? I have a 9500 Pro.
I also think much of the problem is simply frame rate. I haven't tested all levels of graphics settings in FB yet but I think it contributes to the issue.