360 Needs to be Fixed for FB

609IAP_Recon

360 Needs to be Fixed for FB

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

This needs to be fixed. As an owner I want no advantage more than a non-trackir user - and this 360 degree viewability is not right.

I've heard mentioned that they would make it a conf.ini setting. I totally disagree - make it the same for everyone please, NOT optional.
Dexmeister

Re: 360 Needs to be Fixed for FB

Post by Dexmeister »

I use three monitors for FB and 360 makes perfect sense or else I'd be losing range of view that I should in reality see.

Besides, in cockpit you still have the seat obstruction which keeps things reasonable anyways.
Phalcon51

Post by Phalcon51 »

Please leave the FOV as it is now, 180 in each direction. If anything, make it a user adjustable option, or allow the game developers to provide the option. I like it the way it is.

Just my $.02
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

that isn't the point guys - you have an advantage over non-TIR players that shouldn't exist.
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

quote:Originally posted by 609IAP_Recon:
that isn't the point guys - you have an advantage over non-TIR players that shouldn't exist.Running three monitors without TIR, I already have an advantage, at least in my own opinion, and put TIR into the equation, perhaps more or perhaps not. Either way, I only fly with my own squad, and they are already well aware of my potential advantage, don't mind at all, and manage to shoot me down just fine. It's the man not the machine.

It's not up to the software to govern, in my opinion.
Retro

Post by Retro »

Dexmeister, a bit OT, but are you running a parhelia ? I heard FB supports this, is it true ?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Well the TIR folks can do absolutly nothing about this as it was a game developers mistake that allowed this.

So to this to FB's forum board because you'll get nothing done by posting about it here.

Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

quote:Originally posted by Retro:
Dexmeister, a bit OT, but are you running a parhelia ? I heard FB supports this, is it true ?Sorry for my late reply. Yes, I'm running the Parhelia and many games support it. I've gotta say, the cost of the hardware is well justified even only for FB. With TIR and three screens my immersion is very high. I love it.

Some other games I play on three screens are Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, CFS3, FS2002, and soon Pro Race Driver which should be pretty wild too.

[ March 18, 2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Dexmeister ]
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Nice Dexmister very nice, but doesnt the side views with the wings going forward put you off ??.

Anyway now that I have Il2 FB I dont want the Linda Blair view taken away at all I love it, I want it fixed so that every Il2 FB user with a mouse & hat can have the same views but I DONT want it removed, I think though that it could do with a slight adjustment as both views on either 6 view cross into each other and that just is not right, it could do with haveing 5-10 deg knocked of either side and it would be perfect
Dexmeister

Post by Dexmeister »

quote:Originally posted by Hotdognz:
Nice Dexmister very nice, but doesnt the side views with the wings going forward put you off ??.
Not at all. That pic above shows what things look like zoomed all the way out, but I rarely fly like that, and also turned my side monitors inwards to compensate which makes it look more reasonable.

On this 360 issue, I don't think it's a big deal, but after finally seeing enhanced mode in action (only since yesterday), I can say, the playing field should be level. but I don't want to lose functionality either, so I opt for no change.

In the end, even if you can see your six or for that matter under your plane, I don't think it's that much of an advantage. If you're looking there, you're probably going to be dead soon anyways at the hands of whoever is there.