the system cannot find the file specified

Matt

the system cannot find the file specified

Post by Matt »

Hi,
just recieved my trackir and this is the message I get when I plug it in and try and use it,I followed all the instructions for installation any ideas....Thanks.
Matt

Re: the system cannot find the file specified

Post by Matt »

oh yeah Asus mobo p4t-533 (32bit rambus)
under win 2000 pro.

[ March 14, 2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Matt ]
Matt

Post by Matt »

bump I need help
Jim

Post by Jim »

Matt:

This error message means that either the trackIR isn't working or that the driver isn't installed correctly. If you can try out the unit on another machine, then do so, to eliminate the chance that it is bad. Otherwise, try removing the Unknown USB device in the Device Manager, with the trackIR plugged in, then reinstall it. If that doesn't work then on to more complex registry editing. There are threads about how to fix this around on the board, try under MSFS2002.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hmm...there is no unknow usb device in device manager they all seem to be working fine
Matt

Post by Matt »

heres a thought do i need to put track ir in usb port number 1#? when i hooked up my throttle
I did not do this and it would not recognise I now have two other usb ports used one for throttle one for pedals....I'll give it a shot but i'm not real optamistic
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Matt-
Is the trackIR plugged into an unpowered USB hub? sometimes this can cause problems.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Well I'll be dipped in doodoo it worked I unplugged my throttle in usb hub 1# and popped it in viola!....now how does this thing work
Matt

Post by Matt »

quote:Originally posted by Halstead York:
Matt-
Is the trackIR plugged into an unpowered USB hub? sometimes this can cause problems.I think that is the problem...in fact I'm sure it is now my throttle aint working how do I get "powered up!
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Just go out and buy yourself a powered USB hub from the store. Make sure it specifically says that it is a powered hub. (Look on the contents list and it will say it comes with a AC adapter).