Halstead or Jim re 2.01b and its removal

Hotdognz

Halstead or Jim re 2.01b and its removal

Post by Hotdognz »

Im sorry but I dont agree on you here with removeing 2.01b from being able to be downloaded from your web site, 2,01b was a valid softwear release from you guys and as far as im concerned about the 6 view in IL2 FB it was Olegs fault that it was left in by mistake (his version of the promblem).

In removing the 6 view option from the 2.01 final you have removed the choice of your Track Ir users to make there own informed dessision to be able to use that view or not so leaving the 2.01b softwear for download was the only way they could get the use of the 6 view back, I think you need to be able to give your TIR users the choice, as it is you are catering for a small minority of none TIR users who play online, please put it back up and let you TIR users be able to have that choice.

You know my views on the 6 view so i wont state them here but the final fix will come from Oleg in the end and he will dictate what his softwear will do I dont think you should.

[ March 26, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Hotdognz ]
Siggi

Re: Halstead or Jim re 2.01b and its removal

Post by Siggi »

I would agree, except that 2.1b will be used by FB cheats online unless Oleg finds a way to patch it out game-side. The fact is 360-degree panning is not possible in FB except by use of the 2.1b. In that respect it is fair to judge 2.1b as an inadvertant hack that subverted Oleg's intent in regard to view-panning.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

he he Siggi were forum jumping here like kangaroos

I belive the fix should have come from Oleg and will at some stage, I supported TIR in putting out a fixed view 2.01 final.exe but I also think that they should give the TIR user a choice to have that 6 view or not as it wasnt there fault or the TIR user that Oleg missed it.

As I have said before I WILL not patch my IL2 FB when Oleg releases a patch for the fixed view as I like my 6 view and I WILL not be using any other TIR version untill im forced too.

I dont play online so cant cheat so I will have the views I want.
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

FWIW, the view limiting in back is less than 10 degrees.
DNME

Post by DNME »

If i am to believe Oleg, it was not his mistake. He explained that in the pre chat session (in which he appeared early).

He said it was an unfortunate bug, but not 1C's bug as they only applied the SDK. Still i find it strange that such a bug was not discovered and fixed during FB beta testing, it would have been a non issue then.

For those that don't know yet: even with the limitation angles, in wide view, the left and right shoulder views overlap by a couple of degrees.
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

quote:Originally posted by DNME:
He said it was an unfortunate bug, but not 1C's bug as they only applied the SDK. Still i find it strange that such a bug was not discovered and fixed during FB beta testing, it would have been a non issue then.I think that no one in the beta thought it was an issue (myself included). Once we all relaized what was going on, everybody came together to fix it.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Ok Halstead im going to download 2.01 final and test it in IL2 FB, as you know I didnt want a full back view with it overlapping but I wanted more than what IL2 had, it sound like what you have done does this

Will report back on what I think after I have had a sleep (just come of night shift) I still think it should be left up to Oleg to fix this but I can see your intrest here in trying to fix it up so as to not piss off the online crowd.
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

I support their decision - it is one that provides fairness to those without TrackIr.

Why would anyone want an unfair advantage over their fellow peers?

Again - thank you Jim, etc. for making the right move!
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Well I just tried 2.01 final and its not for me (dont forget I DONT play online so cant cheat as people are calling it) the limiting rear views are exactly the same as IL2 and with IL2 FB and the orignal state of the game and TIR i have tasted the good life so there is no going back for me, Sorry guys im going bacl to 2.01b

ReconIAP its not about haveing a unfair advantage over normal Hat/Mouse users at all and this has been stated many times, all people want and this goes for TIR and Mouse/Hat users is the same 6 view for everyone and a option in the realisim settings to be able to set it either as the orignal IL2 6 view or as the new 6 view in IL2 FB this option will enable online host to set servers up as they please.

My server would have the 6 view enabled as I think its more relastic than the old IL2 rear view and so do real pilots just ask Charlie123 who I belive has flown in F18s
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

"ReconIAP its not about haveing a unfair advantage over normal Hat/Mouse users at all "

True, but they don't have this view, when they do, I would also want TIR to.

But it is about unfair in the certain game. That is all- same for everyone.

I played Il2 forever, so it's no big deal to not have it - although , I will admit it was nice - but not when the guy your flying against doesn't have it as well - I think it's simple to understand that - don't you?