Are TrackIR 2 shipping or not in stock yet ?

CoolSpy

Re: Are TrackIR 2 shipping or not in stock yet ?

Post by CoolSpy »

DOH !!!!!! don't tell me i am gonna get a TrackIR 1 .. this would be terrible news ! What about having to return the package from France to the US too !! This will cost alot! I hope they will do something in return if this happens
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

JRH:

Prior to coming in here and spreading discontent, did you actually look at your TrackIR?

I only ask because the TrackIR2 boxes are not finished yet. Instead of holding up the release of the TrackIR2 for another month, Natural Point decided to use the old TrackIR1 boxes to ship the new units. Maybe next time they will keep everyone waiting another month or two just so that people do not get confused so easily.

I suggest you look a little closer at your unit, maybe even plug it in!, prior to spreading misconceptions on the internet.

To go another step forward, even if you do in fact have a TrackIR1, this crap happens sometimes. I will go even further to say that I know for a fact NP would get this problem corrected if you did somehow receive a TrackIR1 by mistake. Did you contact them before coming here and slamming them?

Ah, got to love early mornings...
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

quote:Originally posted by CoolSpy:
DOH !!!!!! don't tell me i am gonna get a TrackIR 1 .. this would be terrible news ! What about having to return the package from France to the US too !! This will cost alot! I hope they will do something in return if this happens Don't worry, it will not happen. Read the above post.

Have you tried a reseller in Europe instead of NP directly? Shipping would be a great deal cheaper.
CoolSpy

Post by CoolSpy »

Yeah thx Charlie, i ordered from e-dimensional.co.uk so the total cost was fair!
Still, i find the lack of communication from NaturalPoint disturbing!
But those guys created the TrackIR, so no biggie hehe ... i can bear it, as this is really an awesome product!
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

OK....now I feel like an idiot.

It was TrackIR2 - there is a small label on the side of the box, the circuit board on the inside looks completely different, and the hat was in the box.

I had read some other post on the UBI forum about someone who got shipped the old one (or thought he had) and so I assumed the same had happened to me. I didn't want to open the box for fear that I wouldn't be able to return it.

It never occurred to me to look at a small label on the side of the box.

I also never thought NaturalPoint wouldn't rectify the situation (notice I didn't say anything bad about the company itself - just how bummed out I was), but nevertheless, couldn't they just throw in a big piece of paper saying:
"Idiot, this IS TrackIR2 - just an old box."

Worst part is - I've got to waste a whole 'nother day at work before I can try it out!!
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

JRH: I didn't mean to sound as harsh as it probably came across. It was really early and that was the first post I had seen this morning. Needless to say, Im grumpy in the morning!

It is a common mistake with the box being the same. Apparently NP has stopped selling TIR1's a few weeks ago. But, your not alone. I have seen the same posts else where as well and give the same response... "Look close at the....."

I would be worried about getting a TIR1 from a reseller but not directly from NP.

Cool: There are times when you see Jim and Birch all over the forums and then there are days when you dont see a sign of them. I would imagine it is because they only have a total of 8 or 9 employees and are REALLY busy right now. They are a little back logged on the TrackIR2 orders and are working very long hours to get caught up.

On top of that, they rely on the beta testers to snoop around and try to help everyone out as much as possible so that they only have to deal with the real serious problems. This gives them more time to devote to getting TIR2 out the door and gives me something to do instead of studying.
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

Charlie -

No problem - funny, I'm just as grumpy - another early morning forum "catfight"

Of course I'll be the first to post in here once I've tried it out tonight (and will of course, love it!)