Util enables enhanced mode in games!

ThomasH

Util enables enhanced mode in games!

Post by ThomasH »

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthr ... ost1402389

I am not sure how this works with flightsims none enhanced yet, but it works in every axis based racing sim in ENHANCED mode....amazing!

Meaning EA:s games can be used in enhanced mode for look (tested and comfirmed) and games like LFS, Nascar 2003, and so on.
John Banks

Re: Util enables enhanced mode in games!

Post by John Banks »

Well, after i've read the threat, i saw that it only activates the mouse look in games, not the enhanced mode . Too bad, would be cool to get the native support in StrikeFighters:P1.
The software already supports SF, but TK hasn't released the TrackIR.dll yet, if he ever will.
9./JG54_Kirin

Post by 9./JG54_Kirin »

Well, looks like you didn't read the whole thread then. The creator states he implemented enchanced mode support now!!!

Oh my, oh my... could that mean TrackIR in WW2Online?? Muahah - gotta test!
9./JG54_Kirin

Post by 9./JG54_Kirin »

Ok, here's the readme:

TrackIR 2 Joystick Converter
(c) 2003 by Peter Dikant (peter@dikant.de)

What is it?
TrackIR can only work with games that either support the TrackIR device directly or support mouselook. Unfortunatly some games use joystick axes to control the view. The tir2joy utility will convert mouse movements to movements of a virtual joystick device. It will enable the use of TrackIR in games with joystick look support (like Nascar Racing 2003 and F1 Challenge).

If the TrackIR software has the enhanced mode activated, this mode will be used instead of the default mouse movement. This is the prefered operation mode for the converter.

This software uses Deon van der Westhuysen's excellent virtual Joystick driver PPJoy.

Installation
Get the virtual joystick driver PPJ from http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/PPJoy.htm
Install the PPJoy software according to the PPJoy documentation
Start the PPJoy Configure Joysticks utility, press the "Add..." button and select "Virtual port" in the "Parallel port" input box. Now cklick "Add".
Copy tir2joy.exe and tir2joy.ini into a directory of your choice.
Edit tir2joy.ini and set the keycode of the TrackIR center key (not needed in enhanced mode).
Make sure that in the TrackIR driver on the HotKeys tab, the Center key is NOT trapped (not needed in enhanced mode).
Usage
Just run tir2joy.exe by double clicking on it.

Changes
Version 1.1

Support for the TrackIR enhanced mode.

Version 1.0

Initial release

Software License
Copyright (c) 2003 Peter Dikant

This software is released to the public domain.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

In order to ensure that this software stays free, selling, licensing or charging for the use of this software is prohibited.

Disclaimer

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Gents,

For those that have seen this and have tried it, can we please get a sitrep from you?

I am very curious to see if it does indeed work, and if so, how well and on what games.

Thanks!
jnylund

Post by jnylund »

Seriously, has anyone tried this in enhanced mode with an unsupported flightsim yet? From the posts on that board it will apparently work with Aces High. Anyone tried Warbirds 3?

Just discovered it late tonight and won't get to muck about with it myself for a few days...
Peter Dikant

Post by Peter Dikant »

Hi,

Basically the enhanced mode is the preferred operational mode of the utility because TrackIR uses absolute positional data and the same is true for joysticks. So what I do is to read out the pitch and yaw value from the TrackIR SDK and send it to the virtual joystick driver. From there it may be accessed by directinput. So every game that works with multiple joystick devices will work with the utility. The only problems so far have been with F1C, because only a maximum of 2 game controllers may be accessed. Folks who had more than one controller attached, ran into problems with their setup.

I'm sorry that I still don't have a website for the converter, but I am working on too many projects currently. Anyways here is the download link where I will always upload the most current version:

http://www.dikant.de/downloads/tir2joy.zip

Best regards,
Peter
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Well it doesnt seem to work too well at all, I set up a virtual joystick on 1 and this shows in my Game controllers panel as PPjoy Virtual Joystick 1 when I look at the X & Y axis they are moveing from me moveing my my head so I know that TrackIrJoystick program is sending the data to the PPjoy driver.

However in a game like LOMAC which use multiple controllers the PPjoystick is listed and I can assigne Axis from it but they dont do anything at all.

What this does do is tell me that Track IR can emulate a joystick (if It can do a mouse it can do a joystick as others have been saying) and I really think this is one track that Jim & Birch should persue as it will open up Track IR to a lot more users and maybe even could end up as the preferd mode for games, I feel game companys who are all ready writting support into games for joysticks will be maybe more open on adding support in for multi joystick support.

Also haveing Track IR emulate a joystick too will enable the users to set up responce curves as well as most joysticks can be set with curves and deadbands in the own softwear (Cougar) or in game softwear (Lomac/Il2 FB)

[ December 11, 2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Hotdognz ]
Peter Dikant

Post by Peter Dikant »

I can't comment on the Lomac behavior. If you can assing the joystick axes in Lomac, it should be working. Do you have Mouselook working in Lomac? If not, than your Problem may have another reason.

Basically, if you can see joystick movements in the control panel, than the utility is working. I don't have any influence on the joystick support in any application. So if it is working, than perfect, but if it is not working in game there is nothing i can do with the utility.

Edit: I will try Lomac tonight, maybe I can reproduce the behaviour or find a way to make it work.

[ December 11, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Peter Dikant ]
Peter Dikant

Post by Peter Dikant »

Tried it in Lomac. But this configuration is not working. I could get only one game device running at the same time. Either I had input from the virtual joystick or I had input from my real joystick. But this is a limitation of Lomac. There is nothing I can do about it.