Rotating head or bad batch assembled?

Sulky

Rotating head or bad batch assembled?

Post by Sulky »

Australia just received a batch of plastic display packed TIR2s.
They all fit in the pack OK but the heads are reversed to all the pics around.
Can their heads rotate or are they mis-assembled. The heads feel like they'd snap off before they'd turn.
Can anyone's TIR2 heads rotate?
Sulky

Edit :
OK It does turn to the correct alignment. The transparent head rotates on the round black piece between the head and the bike chain link shaped coupling. Mine was stiff to turn but did.
I'll leave this post for the benefit of others who'll surely encounter this query, as all the TIR2s packed this way will be positioned similarly.

[ December 19, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Sulky ]
delta_9_tetra

Re: Rotating head or bad batch assembled?

Post by delta_9_tetra »

Hehe I said the same thing when I saw mine - the foots on backwards!

But you can simply rotate the whole assembly, holding onto the top of the feet where it joins the black ring thingy, you can spin it around.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

This is very funny. I designed the packaging to present the unit in the best manner possible, for easy packing and to take up a small footprint. We have received quite a few calls on this issue. I guess that I am glad that people don't want to "break" their unit by turning the head around!
iannkt78

Post by iannkt78 »

I had the same problem when i opened the box. I was like $*%& the unit is wrong. After several tries to try detaching the base, I accidently turned the head slighty and realized it turned.

I was very happy!!
Redevil49

Post by Redevil49 »

Guess I will join the ranks too. It took my son to figure ot the head turned. I just smiled at him and said I new that.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

My TrackIR2 was packed in the old style TrackIR1 pack but I actually turned mine to the wrong way - leg pointing back.

It fits nicely on my monitor that way, the head of the unit hanging out forward, right at the edge of the monitor.

The weight of the cord and the angle of the monitor cover keeps it from toppling forward.
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

Hi Magic Man;

I put a peice of foam tape over the rear facing leg to hlod it very securly to my monitor
hakjar

Post by hakjar »

He He He,
I'm also in the club. Got it this monday and it took me untill today when i visited this forum and saw the pic in top to think "hey perhaps i can rotate it"

[ March 03, 2004, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: HJ ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello HJ,

You wont be the last ...
Birch

Post by Birch »

We are updating the quick start guide CD insert with a small illustration indicating that the unit may be rotated from the packaged orientation. This should help clear up the question for future TrackIR owners, thank you all for bringing this to our attention.