TIR1 and TIR2: Not USB2 compatible?

Kaiserb_uk

Re: TIR1 and TIR2: Not USB2 compatible?

Post by Kaiserb_uk »

Got my TIR2 on Friday...coudln't get it to install.

So I guess I'm adding my name to the tiny percentile....

For reference my system - P4 2.4 (clocked to 2.8), Abit SR7-8x (USB 2.0), SB Audigy2, GeForce4 ti4200 128MB 8x, 1 GB PC2700, WinXP Pro SP1

Have just installed successfully first time on my work PC (old PIII with win2k).

Will see if I can 'acquire' a usb PCI card from work today, failing that I would like to try this registry fix that's been mentioned before biting the bullet and rebuilding the system again....

Ah well. At least it's not just me.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello Kiaserb_UK,

It is not always possible to put a user’s forum name to an e-mail address.

But I believe that I have e-mailed you this morning.
Kaiserb_uk

Post by Kaiserb_uk »

Well I've got TIR2 working - had to format and rebuild XP from scratch.

Subsequently I've installed both SP1 and KB822630 without affecting TIR. I can only assume that TIR likes a nice shiny USB config to install on to, not one that's been prodded and poked for the last year.

So I'm a happy camper now anyway.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I received your e-mail also.

Thank you for the update
Yoda_100

Post by Yoda_100 »

Getting bored while waiting for fix. Purchased a PCI USB card. Installed it and it works for all my stuff, but IR2 still won't find the drivers. Oh well, so much for that.
mucker

Post by mucker »

Add me to the list of unhappy campers! I have exhausted evry reasonable avenue to fix this problem...No I am not installing WinXP again. One should be able to plug it in and have it work, just like they say it will when they are selling it! I purchased 2 of these units for a cool $230 (on April 15...HEY NATURAL POINT HOW ABOUT A FULL REFUND?). If I choose to return them to Edimensional, I will be out $80 (shipping, restocking) not to mention the huge waste of what is most important to me....MY TIME! I am quite disgusted with this experience....I took the bait...me bad......

Greg Johnson

[ April 23, 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: mucker ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello Mucker,

I am at home at the moment, so I do not have access to my computer at work, but I feel sure that I have responded to you by e-mail?

In my email I have explained to you the work that we are doing on the new drivers and a intrim fix before the drivers are released.

I have not asked you to re-install Windows. If there is anything that I can help with please ask

[ April 25, 2004, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Wayne ]
mucker

Post by mucker »

Thanks Wayne....I know that you guys are working hard on this problem. I have tried it all at this point (yes, I changed the bios USB options as you suggested). Nothing seems to do the trick. I am going to do a fresh install without SP1, install the software, and then the device. If that works, I will install SP1 and see if it is still working. I've done a zillion windows installations, I just don't like the hundred restarts you have to do to get everything installed. This is a quite a bit more than I bargained for. As you know I purchased 2 of these devices....I also have to do the same thing for my friends machine as his is identical to mine...I want to get it working but I don't want to do a re-install every time a problem arises...that is simply unacceptable.....
I know I am in the minority and I like I said, I know you guys ware working hard on the problem...thank you!

Greg Johnson
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Greg,

I am now back at my computer at work, I have now been able to read you email. I have e-mailed you back
Yoda_100

Post by Yoda_100 »

Well, about 1/2 hour after I formatted my drive and installed XP I got the notice that the new drivers were out for TrackIR2. I did this beacause a new MB and processor w/1gig memory is on the way. So now IR2 is working. Thanks to the crew who worked long and hard to come up with a fix. I am now trying to learn how to use it. The new system will be running Monday the 10th.