3.03 Locks My computer up

ruggbutt

3.03 Locks My computer up

Post by ruggbutt »

I'm not able to set the deadzone in my software because as soon as I click on the pull down box it completely locks up my computer. I have a fresh install of XP Pro. Is this a bug?

After messing around w/the software it's any pulldown box that freezes my computer.

[ January 12, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: ruggbutt ]
nico71

Re: 3.03 Locks My computer up

Post by nico71 »

Same problem here! But the PC locks up when I leave a game! Not always, but often. It simply freezes, no BSD or so! And usually no error message! Except the last time when I got a bunch of cryptic error messages about addresses that couldn't be accessed, or something along those lines, and then the message that the software has to close!

I'm using 3.03 and WinXP Pro! If required I can post a DXdiag protocol!

[ January 14, 2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: memnoch ]
nico71

Post by nico71 »

Might be an issue with the rotary knobs of the X-36! The Hotas-profile doesn't get unloaded automatically which seems to cause trouble because the TIR profile doesn't get unloaded either, even though Auto Unload is checked!
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Nope, I have the X45 and I turned it completely off and rebooted. Still get lock ups.
nico71

Post by nico71 »

You're right, I've checked it as well! It's not the stick! In my case it still locks up when I leave a game! The only workaround so far ist to alt tab out of the game and close the TIR software before I leave the game! Providing that I don't forget it! I wonder if it is the same bug we have!
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I have the computer locking up when I try to pull down an options box in the TrackIR software itself. It never fails on me, I get to use my handy dandy restart button. I know it's an issue w/the software because I did a reformat w/XP Pro and installed Ventrilo, Photoshop, LOMAC and ICQ. Thats all I have running.
bflagg

Post by bflagg »

quote:Originally posted by ruggbutt:
I have the computer locking up when I try to pull down an options box in the TrackIR software itself. It never fails on me, I get to use my handy dandy restart button. I know it's an issue w/the software because I did a reformat w/XP Pro and installed Ventrilo, Photoshop, LOMAC and ICQ. Thats all I have running.Yeah I had the same problem when I got mine back in october. I notified them that it's repropducable...

Since going to the 303 drivers with my trackIR1, the lock ups don't occur.

I just got to try and configure it to where i can use it in the game.

More often than not, I take off my hat and
use the view hat POV instead in frustration...
(*ie. all of the sudden i'm looking left and I'm
diving... not a good thing)...

I've now configured the dead zone so it's not
jumping on natural head movement, but now
it's limited. I can't see the 10 and 2 o'clock positions.....I have to move my head, recenter,
look, move my head back, recenter and now
I'm normal for the rest of the flight, before I
take the hat off in disgust...

So far, I'm not getting my money's worth...
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I'm using the 3.03's, i just got TrackIR about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

Hi Guys;

I had the same exact problem with TIR locking up my computer whenever I tried to use the Motion Presets pull down. The only thing I could do was to reboot the computer.

I did however find the problem

Are any of you using Stardock's WindowBlinds

I use WindowBlinds 4 with my XP Professional system.

I have found that although WindowBlinds is sanction by Microsoft it will still mess up on certain programs that try to do something just a little non standard in the code.

My solution in the case of TIR was to make a WindowBlinds ?Per Application? for TIR & check the ?Ignore this application & do not skin it?.

I have had to do this on FS 2004 as well as many of the FS setup pull downs were invisible.

Hope this helps