Mapping Veiw Keys???

jimjonson

Mapping Veiw Keys???

Post by jimjonson »

I figured this thing would be able to emulate either keyboard or pov hat for viewing in most games, but it doesnt??? whats the point?

youd think that keyboard emulation would come first before mouse emulation.

like when the yellow dot is in a certain square on the grid that would mean hold down CNTRL+num pad 8, or somthing usefull for my games. who wants crappy frame rate mouse veiw anyways? i want something compatible with pov hat or keyboard at least. im thinking about sending this thing back.
Jim

Re: Mapping Veiw Keys???

Post by Jim »

Hello:

This request has been on our boards for some time and we will be answering it. We plan on adding keyboard support back in for Win2K and XP machines in the near future.
Tocca

Post by Tocca »

It IS possible to get this working, with a "little" work.

You'll need a couple of programs. One called PPJoy, one called TIR2Joy and one called JoyToKey. !!

A link to JoyToKey can be found in this subforum, in the "Key mapping to my joystick" thread.
Explanations and downloads of the other two can be found in this (looong) thread over at racesimcentral.
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=120851

Make sure you get the latest version of TIR2Joy!

What this does is:
PPJoy adds a virtual joystick on your computer.
TIR2Joy translates mousemovements to joystick axes.
And finally JoytoKey can be used to map joystick axes movements to keypresses.

I use it in CFS3, it works like a charm!
I also use this to enable TIR support in F1C and Nascar2003.
jimjonson

Post by jimjonson »

thanks, i tried this and did get it to work in wwii online, but i could only get so much out of the joystick axis because i had to convert those to veiw keys with JOY2KEY. I just wish theyd hurry with the software drivers so i can map my view keys or somthing. WWII ONLINE RULES!
Tocca

Post by Tocca »

"so i can map my view keys or somthing"

You tried this, and got it to work. How come you ask "so i can map my view keys or somthing" then?

This is exactly what the above does!!
Mapp the VIRTUAL joystick axes to key inputs, so that by turning your head a keyboard key is pressed.

I agree that native support for this in Track-IR would be good, and much simpler. But what i wrote above solves all of this.

Or am i missing something here?
jimjonson

Post by jimjonson »

yes you didnt get what i was saying, mapping view keys to a joystick axis only gets you 8 views with diagonals, wwii online uses 16 or more views that needs to be used with key combos. a joystick axis wouldnt work for this.

for example i need to be able to look forward+left+up

besides using 3 different adapter programs to get this to work is too much hassle.
Tocca

Post by Tocca »

Ok, i see. Sorry about that!
I misunderstood...
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

Hi guys;

I'm getting in on the tail end of this so bear with me...

Are we talking about making Trackir II work in FS 2004 when NOT in the Virtual Cockpit mode?

I have some very fine FS 2004 aircraft that do not have a Virtual Cockpit such as the Reno Racer North American P-51D Mustang. It has only the normal panel & Trackir II does not work with it.

Seems to me, that if Trackir II could be made to work in the normal panel mode that would be a great improvement. Some of the Virtual Cockpits are not very clear or readable so Trackir II is of no use with such aircraft.

If this can be made to work then I would be able to use Trackir II on ALL my aircraft.
jimjonson

Post by jimjonson »

in order to use trackir2 in those aircraft youd have to have the above mentioned keyboard emulation. my question is WHEN are they gona "add it back in win2000 and xp"??

where can i get the old drivers that originaly had it?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

If you have a TrackIR2, then you can't use the old drivers, and the guys with TrackIR units don't really want them either, trust me.

We are working on adding Keymapping back in, a few months down the road at this point.