TrackIR2 and WinXP install

BManCan

TrackIR2 and WinXP install

Post by BManCan »

I am unable to install the TrackIR2 in WinXP. My problem is that the device driver does not load and shows up as USB device (other) in the device manager. I have read all the other threads related to this problem but have not found the solution. Is there a workaround to get the TrackIR2 to install.
Please let me know. Thanks.
Yoda_100

Re: TrackIR2 and WinXP install

Post by Yoda_100 »

Not yet. I'm still waiting. I have high hopes though.
LS

Post by LS »

if you mean that you get an error message after installation saying that theres a problem and the device might not work properly followed by the yellow question mark on the unknown usb device in device manager then do the following

leave your installation cd in the drive and then go to device manager, right click on the unknown device icon and select reinstall driver

let the computer search round for a new driver and it should pick up the cd and work after that ( the unknown icon should change to "natural point "

failing that download the latest version of the software from the support section on the main site and install that, and repeat the bit about reinstalling the driver seen above

[ February 21, 2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: LS ]
BManCan

Post by BManCan »

Finally figured out what was causing the TrackIR2 not to install properly in WinXP on my machine. It turned out to be related to my XKEYS USB device.

1. I uninstalled the XKeys driver and also searched the registry for XKeys remnants and deleted them.

2. Did a clean install of the TrackIR v3.03 software

3. Plugged in the TrackIR2 and it was detected properly.

Now I can finally test it out.

Also, I was able to re-install the XKey USB device after the TrackIR2 without any problems.
snake122

Post by snake122 »

WOW! Glad to see you have it fixed! I has an X-Keys Matrix, I'll have to try that out. Do you know if that was the last USB device you installed before your TrackIR2? I install my X-Keys and a Logitech joystick while it was unplugged and then I got the USB device error. That way we can track it dwon specifically to the X-Keys. Trying the X_keys removal now!
snake122

Post by snake122 »

HOLY SWEET JESUS I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!! How many other people have this problem and have an X-Keys?

EDIT:
Note: After using this fix and reinstalling the X-Keys, my TIR2 becomes 'locked" to the first USB port I plugged it into. Plugging it into any other port will still result in the USB decive error, but so far I haven't been able to cause the device error on the port I first plugged my my TIR2 into.

[ February 21, 2004, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Snake122 ]
BManCan

Post by BManCan »

quote:Originally posted by Snake122:
HOLY SWEET JESUS I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!! How many other people have this problem and have an X-Keys?

I will pass on the Kiss!!
As soon as the Xkeys driver is installed, the trackIR install process seems to get messed up. As long as you setup the TrackIR on a USB port (or even plug it into each USB port ) prior to installing XKeys, the drivers configure properly and work!

This should give Naturalpoint some idea as to why the driver install process gets messed up.

[ February 22, 2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: BManCan ]
Yoda_100

Post by Yoda_100 »

I had Xkeys hooked up so tried your deal with great anticipation. No joy. Made no diff here at all
bonogun

Post by bonogun »

Sorry if I'm illinformed, but what is X-keys??

Cheers
Yoda_100

Post by Yoda_100 »

web page

Look here