Tracker II shake

AKA_BUCKY

Tracker II shake

Post by AKA_BUCKY »

This a great product! I truly love it! Flying IL2FB eap I have had 2 occacions where the view was shaking or was jittery. I had to close the program and then re-start Tracker to get the view stable. Anyone else had this symtom?? It's only happened twice..
Crewchief408

Re: Tracker II shake

Post by Crewchief408 »

When I had smoothing at a lower setting I noticed some video stutter.. moving the slider higher seemed to correct the problem.. I run mine at 60 with no problems. Hope that works for ya.

But I still have problems with the software not remembering my profile on startup.. so I have to tweak all the settings each time, even after reinstalling the device and software. Hope that issue is being looked at in a future version cause it's frustrating.

S~
LW_Crewchief in UBI & HL
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

1. i am indeed curious if anyone else has had this shake problem in il2. are you still having it Bucky?

2. i have never had a problem with my profile not loading at startup. i assume you have tried to assign a profile to autoload in a game and that's not working either?
also, you have saved your profile? even if it doesn't autoload, you should be able to just go to the profile screen and load it (rather than tweaking all the setting each time, as you mention).
hmm.
if it does indeed seem to be a bug, would you mind posting your basic system info?

hmm. i need to work up a bug submission form. hmm. more on this later.
A.Fokker

Post by A.Fokker »

Yes, I am having this problem too (using v3.03). I have no clue what causes this, but it happens quit often, probably once every few days. It is extremely irritating because when I fly online (IL-2 FB) I only find out something is wrong after the host has launched the game. No choice but to drop out which means I usually waited about 20 minutes for nothing.

I also sometimes have the strange delay bug, meaning you look left or right and the view only reacts about half a second later. Also no clue why or what causes this.

My last gripe with the software is that sometimes when the program temporarily cannot distinguish the dot on my hat from background light noise, it completely freezes. This background noise can be something as simple as a light reflection on my glasses.

You can bet I have often cursed this sh*tty piece of software the last half year. If you look up my post from about 4, 5 months (I think) ago I reported this. Nothing was done with it. Maybe now...

[ April 05, 2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: A.Fokker ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello A.Fokker,

If you could e-mail me your system specs along with the Gateway that you are using for your online flying and any other programs that you are using when this happens, I will try and simulate this. If you could forward me your serial number too, then I will know what unit you have and the correct drivers that you should be using.

Here are a few checks for you to do for me…

1) Ensure that you are logged on as administrator (and not a power user with administrator rights, this will have a big difference)
2) What is your smoothing slider set to?

Lets find our why this may be happening.
Crewchief408

Post by Crewchief408 »

Warren,

I still have the problem when I restart the system.. it won't load my or any other profile automaticaly. I have to manually load it from the profiles tab each time. Each time I restart the system I do the following: (1) Select my profile, click on load (2) Select my profile to Auto-Load (3) De-select auto-unload this profile, because it is always on (4) click on save about 10 times, hoping it will finally remember.

My system specs:
ASUS P4S800D-E MB
P4 2.8 GHz @ 533 FSB
2 GB DDR333 PC2700 RAM
Gainward GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128 MB
Soundblaster Audigy
GigaBit 10/100/1000 baseT LAN
2 Maxtor 120 GB HD's
DVD-R/CD-R Burner
DVD/CD-ROM
Saitek X-45
Windows XP Pro (SP-1)

Thanks,
LW_Crewchief
A.Fokker

Post by A.Fokker »

quote:Originally posted by Wayne:
Hello A.Fokker,

If you could e-mail me your system specs along with the Gateway that you are using for your online flying and any other programs that you are using when this happens, I will try and simulate this. If you could forward me your serial number too, then I will know what unit you have and the correct drivers that you should be using.

Here are a few checks for you to do for me…

1) Ensure that you are logged on as administrator (and not a power user with administrator rights, this will have a big difference)
2) What is your smoothing slider set to?

Lets find our why this may be happening. Hi Wayne,

P4 3367MHz (OCed), 1024Mb Ram DDR400, Asus P4C800deluxe, Intel 875P, Saphire 9800 PRO, Audigy2, MS FFB2 USB, CH Pro Pedals USB, TrackIr 3.03, Catalyst 4.3 (4.2 OGL), DX9.0b, XP Pro SP1

Gateway is the Hyperlobby
Logged on as an Administrator
Serial 007899

Hope you can help me out. Thx,
AF

BTW, this also happens when I use the 2.12 beta drivers.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

A.Fokker

Thanks for the info. I have just recently installed the ventrilo software, so i will be able to try this on my home computer.
I will plan to run your setup or as close to it this weekend.

Just curious are you running FB ver. 1.22 or do you have AEP installed?
A.Fokker

Post by A.Fokker »

Hi Wayne,
I have AEP installed now, but it also happened before I had AEP. It does not happen very regarly or often though, once every two days or so. I fly FB most evenings a few hours though. That is why it does become annoying.
Good luck with your bug hunt.
AF

New ventrilo version, 2.2
All drivers up to date.

[ April 08, 2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: A.Fokker ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello A.Fokker,

Would it be possible to re-install IL2FB without AEP and let me know what difference this makes?
I want to ensure that IL2FB is working correctly and to see if AEP could be the cause of the issue that you descibed.