TrackIR3 already announced...

Magic Man

TrackIR3 already announced...

Post by Magic Man »

Why is the TrackIR3 and pro being announced so soon into the life of the TrackIR2...?
Alexi_Alx_Anova

Re: TrackIR3 already announced...

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

Yep, I'm also about a new TrackIR coming out so soon after TrackIR2. I've already spent money upgrading from TrackIR1 to TrackIR2, so I refuse to put out any more. They'll have to rely on new business. Perhaps this explains the abysmal lack of support for USB incompatibilities. They've been too busy developing TrackIR3. Will greed be the undoing of Naturalpoint?

Alexi
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Im sure Jim will be able to answer why there has a been a quick move from TIR2 to TIR3.

But I would say hardwear in this game moves at a fast pace and im sure Naturalpoint are only taken advantage of any hardwear improvments that have happened with the sensor technology and its priceing, if new hardwear comes along and is cheaper then I say improvei on it.

Thats why were all using P4 & AMD XP CPU now instead of our old 486 DX2/66 still .
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by Alexi_Alx_Anova:
Yep, I'm also about a new TrackIR coming out so soon after TrackIR2. I've already spent money upgrading from TrackIR1 to TrackIR2, so I refuse to put out any more. They'll have to rely on new business. Perhaps this explains the abysmal lack of support for USB incompatibilities. They've been too busy developing TrackIR3. Will greed be the undoing of Naturalpoint?

AlexiDo not worry Alexi, we have been hard at work on the USB driver issues. Our work on this will benefit not only new TrackIR3 owners, but all existing TrackIR product owners. The upcoming software and driver releases will work with all TrackIR models, we will continue to provide support for existing products in the field.

[ April 27, 2004, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Birch Zimmer ]
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

quote:Originally posted by Hotdognz:

Thats why were all using P4 & AMD XP CPU now instead of our old 486 DX2/66 still .Well, sorry, Hotdognz, but I think this comparison doesn't work. Bought me the in December so called "new TrackIR2" only 4 months ago!

Hey, that's simply not fair!

Greets Reinhard

[ April 27, 2004, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Reinhard ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We are very thankful for all our customers, those who own a TIR1 or 2 or both. We will support and upgrade the software for both these models, as the work very well.

TrackIR 3 is an upgrade that allows us to use a new imager, providing more resolution (67% more pixels) and two new frame rates, 80 and 120 FPS. In addition, the new imager will allow a TrackIR3 to be used in direct sunlight. We felt that these new improvements merited a new product launch.

There really is a difference in feel between a TIR1,2 and especially 3. The response and smoothness of a 3 is really amazing. These things are hard to convey in text, so we will let the product speak for itself, ask your friends or post on this board when 3 comes out. In a way it is like comparing chocolate bars; yes a Hershey bar is good, but a Godiva bar is much better, how do you describe the difference?

As always, our customers are #1 and the TrackIR3 is the best product we can offer.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Thats all right Rienhard you can disagree with me iIdont mind

But technology marches on and we cant do anything about it at all im afraid. I brought a Fuju 602 camera 2 weeks before they intoduced the new Fuji S5000 model with the 10x zoom, i was pissed about that too.
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

No offense, Hotdognz!

Of course I do understand that technology marches on, what I (and obviously others) wanted to say is that no one would announce a new CPU or Graphics-card (or a camera!) 4 months after the latest model appeared. Nevermind let's finish this

Greets Reinhard
13thDisciple

Post by 13thDisciple »

You know - I refuse to get caught up in the constant upgrade stuff - so I am going to wait for all final products - my 486 DX2/66 seems to do very good - although my monochrome monitor doesn't allow me to adjust my refresh rate that well... but let me tell you - it still runs the first version of ms flight sim pretty well... And I still have 4 meg left on this massive 20 meg hd...

That reminds me - When I purchased that pc - the guy I bought all the parts from told me - "This is all the Hard Drive you'll ever need!!!" - sad thing is - HE WAS SERIOUS???

Gotta love the techno world - like engineers they have the mind set of "If it ain't broke - then it doesn't have enough features!"...

BTW - keep up the great work and keep upgrading this product - I'll be right there to buy each new upgrade - (jsut don't do like most companies and stop supporting the older versions - not everyone is willing to sell their own body parts to keep up with their pc habits)

just an Idea - you guys really need to either partner up with a headset manufacture or make your on headset - use usb techno - place an active dot on the end of the mic boom - which gets it power from usb... I have a proto type if you would like info... disciple@sport.rr.com
Dogg

Post by Dogg »

Can I place a preorder?