Look!!

nubelius

Look!!

Post by nubelius »

Tested a friends Trackir2 same model as i destroyed 2 weeks ago... after 24 hours the same problem appear... I see my face in the Tracking screen and in the motion screen the dot goes from side to side... Look here... Don�t pay any attention to the index finger...

http://w1.829.telia.com/~u82903817/fuckedup.jpg
delta_9_tetra

Re: Look!!

Post by delta_9_tetra »

I looked at the picture. I used to see something like that on my trackIR2 when there was a lot of light interfering with the unit.

You show you are using old driver software on that screenshot.

You would do better if you use the new drivers, because you can adjust the camera sensitivity and filter out the interference.

Check out this screenshot, you can see the other control called "Modify Camera Threshold"? Thats what you need to adjust.

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84 ... 3sh0ld.jpg

good luck, i hope you get the unit set up properly ok.
nubelius

Post by nubelius »

Tried the old 3.10 before and that sucked...But today i tried the new 3.11 and it worked great...Hope it still work after 24 h....Shit...Same problem appear today after the installation of 3.11 version...After 24 h i see my face in the tracking screen and the dot go side to side....

[ June 18, 2004, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: nubelius ]
nubelius

Post by nubelius »

Hmmm...I think the TrackIr is very light sensitive...Have to move my computer to a darker room...To use the Trackir you have to be a vampire...muhaha...
Lipfert

Post by Lipfert »

I do my best work in the dark
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Perhaps I can shed some "light" on this topic, sorry for the pun.

The TrackIR2 has a different image sensor than the 3 and 3 Pro, it is much more sensitive to outside IR light and the gain doesn't have as much dynamic range. The TrackIR is a high speed camera, so they don't like having lots of extra light to deal with, sunlight is the worst as it is VERY bright. The new sensor in the 3 is a ton better than the 2, I have used it outside with no problem.

So, if you are in a normally lit room for computer usage, you will be fine with a 2. If you have a lot of sunlight in your room, get or use a 3, you will notice the difference, or your money back.

When it is summer we get more calls on the TrackIR2 with sunlight issues, not a problem in the winter, funny.