Let the users decide which software !!!

602sqn_Magpie

Let the users decide which software !!!

Post by 602sqn_Magpie »

Why not make the option of which software to use with Track IR to the people who bought the thing ? Why should I be restricted from using the software I want to use by other people in a poll who then may 'out vote' me and I have to go along with the view they want when I bought the damn thing with my money !! I don't give a monkeys hoot which software/viewing mode you use so why should you impose on my right to use which software I wish to use!!! Make both versions available to the people who bought TrackIR and let them choose. Good grief I dont start a poll in the Nvidia forum saying ATI users have an unfair advantage by using the 9700 Pro.
So lets start a new poll saying we all have to have the same machine specs, vid card etc. Whatever happened to choice ?? Let the fanatics use resticed view and they can shout at each other in the "GAME" But were is my choice to use any software I wish. Rant over
AndyHill

Re: Let the users decide which software !!!

Post by AndyHill »

I don�t see it as a problem unless you�re playing online. I think everyone should have the same view limitations to make the field equal. The limitations are there for a reason.
602sqn_Magpie

Post by 602sqn_Magpie »

Andy, the majority of people play offline, and not everyone has TrackIR. So do the 'non TrackIR' people demand the TrackIR users to switch it off, because it is an advantage over non users. I still want to have the choice! or am I asking to much. No choice = TrackIR in the bin.
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

"No choice = TrackIR in the bin"

Oh c'mon, that is just silly.

Comments like that make me want to say - "then throw it in the bin, because obviously you have no clue on how good this product is".

Don't try to force your opinion by making empty threats
602sqn_Magpie

Post by 602sqn_Magpie »

Comments like that make me want to say
"then throw it in the bin, because obviously you have no clue on how good this product is".

-----------------------
I do know how good it is. I bought it .

Don't try to force your opinion by making empty threats.

-------------------------
Oh I assure you it is no empty threat. You can watch me toss it.
But I am not the one advocating 1 choice for the TrackIR software. Sorry! it's 2 choices isn't it. Take it or leave it.
etwas

Post by etwas »

i second magpies's post. let end users decide what and how we use our own hardware. if i wanna put it
in my arse i see no reason why i should ask anyones permission..

greetings,
et.
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

And again, let US decide.

I agree that online should be a level playing field and would have no problem if all TIR users had restricted view online.

However, that shouldn't be an issue for NaturalPoint. They can put the switch into the driver and let Oleg decide if it's an unfair advantage.

On a side note, I don't see why a pilot couldn't lift a shoulder up and look 180 (side to side) although some might make an argument about doing so in high G maneuvers.
DNME

Post by DNME »

No

The game developer should decide.

Lets not forget that it is mainly because of the Maddox games that trackIR reached its fame and popularity in the first place. Therefore imo it's only common courtesy to respect the intentions that the game developer had with his game.

Whether we think it's realistic or not is not the issue. The issue is what the game developer thinks should or should not be in the game.

But then again, that makes it his responsibility as well to implement or to restrict...
It's not up to the user or the trackIR software developer imo.
von_paulus

Post by von_paulus »

Whining about stull like this really frosts me. Its very childish. Think about the next logical step of you want to start limiting any "perceived" advantage hardware can give a person. Lets say that I have a 5.1 sound system, and I can hear stuff behind me, whereas a person using headphones can't. I have an advantage, no?

So, the next logical step is to have all sound card manufacturers modify their drivers so that game developers can disable 5.1 sound whenever I go online. Tell me how this is any different than what TIR does for me. I get info from my hardware that the other guy does not. It does not matter if that info comes from my ears or eyes.

Where will this end? Concentration camps for TIR users?

von_paulus
DNME

Post by DNME »

Indeed

it is very childish to whine when view restrictions are implemented that have been there in the original game AND its predecessor from the very beginning. I know coz i was one of the first to play IL2 with trackIR from the very first demo on.

The FB gamedeveloper intended the view restrictions for all. Who are we to simply bypass his intentions with the game?

This voting is all wrong.

If anything, Oleg Maddox should be notified first and foremost. None other than him should have the final say on the matter.