Let the users decide which software !!!

Nodak01

Re: Let the users decide which software !!!

Post by Nodak01 »

I'd say Oleg and crew are more than happy to let this dog ride. Hasn't hurt sales in the least for either side. Give it a rest until Oleg speaks his own thoughts, might be he's tickled with the sales numbers. Game is still selling well and catching on in popularity, thanks in no small measure with help from the boys at TrackIR.
DNME

Re: Let the users decide which software !!!

Post by DNME »

Better put it the other way around. IL2 and FB are the main reasons that trackIR received more attention and popularity. If it weren't for those sims trackIR wouldn't be where it is now.
Thanks to Oleg we have native trackIR support. Let's not forget that.

And FYI i asked Oleg personally in a pre chat session on UBI chat before the official chat session, about the ridiculous panning ability. He said it was an unfortunate bug. It slipped their attention because they don't use trackIR. That's right, he called the unlimited view restrictions an unfortunate bug.

So i'd say it's up to the Naturalpoint guys to contact Oleg about what the consequences will be when they implement less restricted viewing for trackIR users. And then it's up to Oleg and crew to fix or not.

I dread the thought that he would remove native support completely because of this. We'd all lose out then.