Track IR3 Pro arrived!

JD114T9

Track IR3 Pro arrived!

Post by JD114T9 »

This is my first post and the good news is that today 14-4-04, I received my Track IR3 Pro .

< edit: date above should be 14-5-04 and not 14-4-04 >

I ordered mine at the begining of the week and it's here already!
Well done Natural point, not bad, not bad at all ( just as long as you keep in mind that apart from the postal rates, there are taxes to pay on arrival of the unit- I ordered mine from England ) Ha...there's always a catch isn't there

I haven't set the TIR3-pro up yet, because of my upgrading to WinXP first, but look forward very much to using it and also reading the posts on this forum.
I would just like to say a big HELLO to everyone while I'm here....Cheers everyone .

[ May 20, 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: JD114T9 ]
Magic Man

Re: Track IR3 Pro arrived!

Post by Magic Man »

Why didn't you order from edimensional.co.uk?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Glad to hear that your's arrived. Mine showed up yesterday and I think I spent at least 6 hours flying. My eyes still hurt.

With the TrackIR2, those who ordered from NP received their unit weeks (maybe even a month or two) before those that pre-ordered from international resellers. I do not know if any of the resellers have received their unit stock yet. If so, then it would have been faster getting it from there. If no, then he'd still be waiting.
JD114T9

Post by JD114T9 »

Why didn't you order from edimensional.co.uk?

Hi MagicMan, No luck, I checked and also with RC Simulations. They only showed stock for TRI2s but not the new models .

Charlie...You hit the nail on the head.
I didn't know about international customers getting theirs any later. Thats probably why I hadn;t seen anything on local sites. They might have updated them by now.
I wasn't too bothered about the speed of delivery ( although suprised ) more about getting the order over and done with.
Glad to see your'e enjoying yours ,
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Mine arrived this morning at my house in the UK.

Unplugged the TIR2 and plugged the TIR3 Pro in so far and it detected it all as the new unit.

So far I have only tested it with Il2 FB for 10 mins using my old profile and im well pleased with how much smoother this is, its got very good pinpoint movement over the settings I have, iim going to have to knock my top speed down from 25 to 20 and i may turn the smoothing down a bit too.

ill post more when i test more later today.
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

I really hate you chaps... I was toddling along with my trackIR2 and then caught Hotdognz post at SimHQ which inevitably lead me here...

And to make matters worse, edimensionals UK have the Pro-3 up for grabs (needed to go to "more info" on the standard one)...
Here is the link:
http://edimensional.co.uk/products/trackir3.htm

Now how am I going to explain this to the wife?

As fellow simming brothers, I expect some good'uns

BTW, what and when will the TrackIR4 be all about? In my case, is it worth skipping a generation?

Cheers

S!ap
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

The TrackIR 3 wasnt 'supposed' to come out this quickly. Due to a change in parts availability, NP had no choice but to switch to new parts and make a better product.

That being sade, I personally doubt a TIR4 will be anytime in the next year. But, you never know.
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

"The TrackIR 3 wasnt 'supposed' to come out this quickly. Due to a change in parts availability, NP had no choice but to switch to new parts and make a better product."

Awfull news that Charlie

Where do you chaps think your going to go with the TrackIR 4 and beyond (Ideas/inovations etc) ?
I would understand if it "Top secret" due to possible competition etc .

Cheers

S!ap

PS, I got my finger hovering over the "Confirm order" button...Really getting desperate now
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Hey Slapp didnt mean to get you in a ny trouble

I have been playing IL2 FB & Lomac testing the unit with some FS2004 thrown aswell. In Il2 FB and Lomac I can see a remarkable diffrence how smooth it is across the panning spectrum, its definatly more precise in its movment and it like when i waent from a MS desktop mouse to my Logitec MX700 mouse in FPS I was able to be more precise in my aim, I thought my TIR 2 was good but this really is 50% better, I think some people may not notice it though and wounder what the big deal is, I know I certainly did.

There is one thing I dont like about the new unit and that is you can see the 2 LEDs on either side behind the dark capture screen and at first it was off putting, but I have gotten used to it now.

The price on the link you posted Slap is bloody good, 2 years ago i paid �120 for a TIR 1 unit.

My TIR 2 unit has now been gifted to a buddy in New Zealand who loves FS2004 but could never afford to buy a unit himself.
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

Thanks for the heads up Hotdognz

Have you noticed an improvement in background light source filtering to?

Yes, edimensionals cut a great deal on the units(TrackIR/TrackIR2's in the past as well). In fact I bought my first one from RCsimulations but he was a little steep and was initially charging �130! for the TrackIR1's(RC did bring the price down after people moaned about it though...); needless to say, I bought from ED ever since.

Cheers