Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Wayne

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by Wayne »

Duick,

I have not forgotten about you.

I am looking at the issue that you are having with the install. It would be unwise to transfer registry keys and values from one computer to another.

Can you please e-mail me your setupapi.log file that is located in your Windows directory.
advina

Post by advina »

I am having the same problem. I was wondering if it has since been resolved. If so, I would greatly appreciate hearing the solution.

FYI: I am using Win XP Home and USB 1.1's
Duick

Post by Duick »

Hello Advina,

up till now there is no solution, but they are working on it.

Regards Duick
advina

Post by advina »

I solved my problem; however, it involved a hard drive reformat and a clean install of windows. Clearly the issue is registry/software related. It appears that certain types of hardware/software conlflict with TrackIR 3 installation. A reformat is not so difficult and may even be worth while if you have an older manufacturer built machine. It is certainly faster than attempting to indivdually delete everything on your HD until you find the problem. You can find detailed tips for a clean install/reformat online, just be aware that you will lose EVERYTHING on your hard drive. Best of luck to you.
JD114T9

Post by JD114T9 »

quote:Originally posted by advina:
I solved my problem; however, it involved a hard drive reformat and a clean install of windows. Clearly the issue is registry/software related. It appears that certain types of hardware/software conlflict with TrackIR 3 installation. A reformat is not so difficult and may even be worth while if you have an older manufacturer built machine. It is certainly faster than attempting to indivdually delete everything on your HD until you find the problem. You can find detailed tips for a clean install/reformat online, just be aware that you will lose EVERYTHING on your hard drive. Best of luck to you.Glad you have yours working advina but the solution is a bit drastic and doesn't really solve the current problem. Although it's one way out I suppose. I can see that you got really fed up and went for it.
Lets all hope the guys at NP find the solution to Duicks problem.
jtchris

Post by jtchris »

Just received my TrackIR3, and yep, same issue - detects the IR3 being plugged in, but can't find a driver. I've done all the software installation several times, different orders, latest version, in my hub vs. in the main USB ports, nothing works.

Help.

-Jeff
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

They are working on it....

There have been problems in the past that a reformat was the only way to fix it. This being the 'early' days.

If you have the capability of doing one, give it a shot.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Jeff,

Did you have a previous version installed or is this the first version that you have had on your system?
jtchris

Post by jtchris »

Hey Wayne - I just spoke to you on the phone - glad to hear you guys are looking into this. Formatting my drive is definitely NOT an option.

I've tried some of the things you suggested - uninstalling the unknown USB device in Dev Mgr, rebooting, changing ports ... nothing yet, but I'll keep trying. I have various hubs and the like, and I've tried all of them, no change in behavior.

Let's hope we figure out what's causing this!
-Jeff
jtchris

Post by jtchris »

No dice.

Help,
Jeff