Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

NKPPilot

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by NKPPilot »

I emailed the setupapi.log to you.

Sorry but one, several people here had the solution and nothing was posted on how they did it. Two, I expect what I buy to work out of the box OR the solution is readily available. I do not like having to wait for a response for a fix. It should be posted or a download. It feels something like... Open the box, follow the instructions, now stand in line. If there is a known problem with SP2, It should be in big bold letters on the FRONT of your website. I would not have paid for 2nd day shipping had I known this.

I appericate your quick response, but TrackIR 3 Pro does not work as advertised. I followed the instructions to the letter.. (odd ) and it did not work. There in lies the frustration.

[ October 01, 2004, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Bradly ]
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

That is misleading because it does work as advertised for 99% of the people who buy it. I wonder if there is any hardware out there that doesn't have a few people that have problems getting it to work whether it's a fault of their own, the hardware vendor, microsoft, or a symptom of their computer setup.

You'll be fixed up in no time , I'm sure.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Bradly,

You should have the information now that I sent through to you. If you have any problems please let me know, I will be around the forums over the weekend.
graemeg

Post by graemeg »

Here we go again. I was a previous owner of a Track IR1. From day one I had all of the issues with Windows XP that you see on this forum. After following EVERY suggestion of customer service, the final solution was to reformat my PC.

I upgraded to a Track IR3. It worked for one week, and now does not.

The issue is the same as the Track IR1 � The software cannot find the drivers. I suppose after the posting I will again be asked to play the diagnostic game that will lead to, a reformat, something that is simply not acceptable.

Frustrating!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

FLASH

Dont worry.
Please e-mail me when I am in the office. I have a solution which will not involve formating your hard drive

But first lets look at what the problem may be.

[ October 04, 2004, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Wayne ]
PiperCubPilot

Post by PiperCubPilot »

Well add me to the list, wish I would have looked here before I ordered it, and I even payed for 2 day shipping to get it here for this weekend and look at me... Im just sitting here looking at it, waiting for an email reply from support... That probably wont happen till Monday. I find it hard to believe that this post has been here since May and there is still no fix for this, even if there is only 1 or 2 percent of us whom it is effecting, all's I know right now is Im out $140 including shipping and Ive got nothing to show for it.
PiperCubPilot

Post by PiperCubPilot »

Can someone just email me the registry entries so I can use this thing PLEASE!!! t-long@excite.com

[ October 23, 2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]
PiperCubPilot

Post by PiperCubPilot »

Well I was able to obtain the reg tweaks from a fellow user and I spent all day editing them to my machine and it shows up now under USB devices but with a conflict mark underneath it and still no glory. I am sick to death of this and think I am going to just package it back up and get it ready to put on a one way trip back to whoever the heck takes the returns...
graemeg

Post by graemeg »

I received a possible reg edit and thought I could give it a go, but on second look I am not comfortable enough to do it. I think you have to be a rocket scientist or a highly confident PC user.

Regardless of the fact that I thought I could use the reg edtit inthe first place, I am extremely disappointed, I should not have to go through so much trouble to get something to work as it is advertised out of the box. I think NP should do the right thing and find a one click soultion now or refund my purchases of my TR1 and TR3, as they both suffer from the same problem, INCOMPATIBLE with XP.

Both devices are useless to me right now. I can't use either.
AV8R

Post by AV8R »

Hi Wayne...

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Or better said, the same technical issue is baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Seriously all kidding and fun stuff aside.

I purchased the new Pro3 and same-O-same-O as with the TrackIR1. Same problem these other folks are describing with the driver installer not finding the files on one of my systems. And on the other system, where TIR1 works - so does the Pro3 to work too.

When I first reported this problem, what a year ago now, and still the problem exists and people being told they are few and the issue is high priority. Youre support is great, but the issue seems to still exist.

Problem solutions suggest then, and I see now, came down to the following recommendations that I still see people having mixed results with:

- Reformat HDD and reinstall Windows
- Registry editing
- Different mother board
- Trying different ports, USB hubs
- Removing software and drivers
- Sending in the whole system

I was hoping that the Pro3 and its drivers would have solved the problem since the TIR1 and 2.11 drivers, but not the case. Whats the drill now?

Thanks in advance,

AV8R

[ October 25, 2004, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: AV8R ]