Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

urs.schneider

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by urs.schneider »

Wayne

Thank you very much for your help! Eveything works fine now! Great!
AnGeL_MaKeR

Post by AnGeL_MaKeR »

Wayne,

A million thanks for your help!!

I finally got the trackir pro to work last night, and for the first time, it felt like I had better control in my flight simming experience than I've ever had. Watching the bogey go down to the ground and still maintain control in the heat of the dogfight in Pacific Fighters was exhilarating!!

At first I had some registry issues as far as it not letting me merge (which I think was due to permissions and such) but when I looked at the screen of regedit, I noticed NaturalPoint was in the registry, then noticed some other things concerning Natural Point set up in the registry. I fired up the trackir software and voila! It works!!

Registry issues seemed to be the problem as far as XP goes, but with 98SE, it seemed to pick it up instantly.

Thanks for saving me from a reformat!!

Any issues as far as installing SP2 for XP?

[ February 27, 2005, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: AnGeL_MaKeR ]
spbest03

Post by spbest03 »

Hello,

Ive got a problem with my track ir v3. Since last friday, Windows cant recognize it.
when i try the reinstall , windows can t find the drivers (npusbrnm.sys).
i ve read the post on the naturalpoint forum and i ve try some methods :
I ve try to remove the keys with regedit , reboot , i ve try the plug-unplug on various usb ports .... but the same bug happens.

Can you help me ? the number on my TIR is 20406.
thanx anyway.

ps : sorry for my bad english
ChristianJ

Post by ChristianJ »

Hi Wayne.

I have the same problem as most others in this thread. I have been using the Vector Expansion since January, and it has worked just fine - until two weeks ago, when it suddenly stopped working.

I am not unfamiliar with fixing software problems in windows, but I cannot fix this one matter what I do... I have tried almost everything, so I really hope you can help me.

Will you please contact me via E-mail? This is the first time I have used a forum, so I am not very used to using it

Please help me - I can�t fly anywhere without it

Christian
drew

Post by drew »

Hi Wayne, and other natural point experts! I 've got to say I was not happy to be afflicted with the USB? bug like everyone else here. It seems that this has been a long standing issue!! Anyway, I've tried everything in the troubleshooting guide and then some. I went so far as a repair reinstall of XP. None of these things has worked. Of course it installed perfectly on my son's comp 2 feet away. Like some of the other posters I'm getting the yellow ? mark and 'USB device' instead of windows recognizing the hardware. It finished with 'hardware is not correctly installed blah, blah, blah...' Seriously, I'd like some help, and reinstalling XP is not an option; my entire family's lives are on the HD. While the trackir is innovative, attractive and well packaged, I was not impressed in buying a product that got such rave reviews on Flightsim while having a major uncorrected software glitch for a year plus. I am a very recent customer and have version 4.0.021 on cd, and downloaded 4.0.022 from the web to no avail.
Please e-mail me with support.

Regards

Andrew Shackleton,

drew@sentex.ca
Grananono

Post by Grananono »

Hi Wayne, and hello to everyone.
Well, as many others here, I got the same "driver not found" problem when install the Track Ir 3 pro. Since I got it four days ago, I did try everything I could, but when I was thinking that the Track was not function rigth and send it back, I came into this forum, and found that itsn�t the track issue, and yes the registry issue.
I did allready send the setupapi.log file and the serial number to the support address mail.
Hope you help me as quick as you can, giving you a greatly thanks in advance for it.
Regards
Packman

Post by Packman »

Hi
I just by a TIR v3 Pro and I get the problem as depicted here.
Please Wayne could you help me to fix the problem.
I send you my setupapi log and the serial of my Tir is 25541.(Buy in France)
Thanks
Packman

Post by Packman »

No issues to my problem?

[ April 19, 2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Packman ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Troy,

The registry utility will work so long as you have a TracKIR 3 or 3 pro. If anyone has any problems please let me know.
Bigfoot209th

Post by Bigfoot209th »

Wayne sent me this tiny registry fixer and said it was ok to share it, so here it is on my home server...hope it helps more of us with this 'unknown usb device' thing in XP.

It's the least I can do. Thanks Wayne.

http://www.troyfisher.com/files/NPRegFix.zip