Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Warthog

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by Warthog »

Hi,
I have the same problem... impossible instaling drivers.
In the previous PC, the x-keys it was installed and worked without problems.

IntelCore 2 Duo E6600 Dual Core Processor
MB GIGABYTE P35 DQ6 ATX S775
HD MAXTOR 320 GB SATA II
AeroCool ExtremEngine 3T
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
DVD LG 16X
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
REGR LG GSA-H42N Negra
POINT OF VIEW GEFORCE 8800GTS 640 PCX
2 x 1GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM
Be Quiet BQT Straight Power E5-600W
TFT VIEWSONICVA2010W
X-Keys keyboard

thanks!!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Could you expand on the issue you are having?
Echo

Post by Echo »

Hello, I seem to be having this problem also, or a very similar one. I downloaded and installed the software "Version 4.1.037 - Final B." Then I plugged in my TrackIR 3 (not sure if it's regular or Pro; I've lost the box and in fact everything except for the TrackIR itself), and started up the software. The lights never came on. Windows did find an Unknown Device (under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the Windows Device Manager), but not a driver. I even tried pointing the Windows Hardware Update Wizard to the drivers in C:\Program Files\Naturalpoint\TrackIR 4\Drivers. I also tried to point it to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. No luck with either. Any leads?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

please email support with your camera serial number, and issue information.
Echo

Post by Echo »

I think I found the solution to my problem. It seems to be a hardware issue�the U.S.B. connector is starting to fail, and needs to be perfectly in position in order for the TrackIR to work.

The computer recognizes that a U.S.B. device is plugged in even if it's not plugged in just right, but it only recognizes that it's a TrackIR if the thing's just so.

Anyone else with this issue, I recommend wiggling around the plug a bit (carefully) to see if the TrackIR gets recognized.
Echo

Post by Echo »

... Or if that fails, unplugging and replugging the U.S.B. connector into the computer.
kiwikiller

Post by kiwikiller »

Hi,
I am trying to use my trackir 3 (first time since many years), but don't find any way to make it work.

With the version 4 of the software, I have "no device detected". Windows have it, drivers is installed well, but the software don't see the trackir.
It was working with winXP some years ago.

When I use version 5, it see my trackir which is on (4 red led) but I can't make it move. I only have one reflecting dot, not the trackclip.
I tried to stimulate the sensor with some externals light, mirror etc etc, but it never move at all.

Can anybody help me on this problem? I need to check if the track IR work properly, beacause if it is, I will take the vector expansion and a trackclip