Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Charlie251

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by Charlie251 »

Well, what is really interesting is how it works perfectly on most computers and on a select few, it doesnt like to work. Drives me nuts.

Only way to really narrow it down in this sense is to have all TrackIR users post everything they have on their system, from hardware to software (versions and all), and compile a huge database.

However, NP is not the government.

Just one of those things. The percentage of those that have problems is very low compared to those that it works perfectly for. So, I doubt there is a specific 'trackir' issue.... more of a confliction of sorts. Due to the numbers, you just cant blame NP.

My opinion anyway.
Drbob

Post by Drbob »

Well I was having the same problem as some other people in this thread. I just formatted my PC, reinstalled XP, and now it works great. So looks like it's software related (or it could be some hardware I haven't installed yet).

However, if I can help out by supplying my system info and/or programs installed at that time, I'd be glad to help out.
I uninstalled all USB devices before formatting, but that didnt help. Things I head installed were a motorola USB cable (to connect a phone), and a bluetooth USB stick. Both had to install their own usb driver to work, so those might have screwed things up for that install...

If it stops working because of something I've installed I will let you guys know Now I'm off to installing FS2004 and LOMAC
jimrad1

Post by jimrad1 »

quote:Originally posted by Birch Zimmer:
Hello,

I want to thank our users who have the XP+USB driver problems for their patience. This is a high priority on our development effort, and we will continue to solve more aspects of it over time. The USB error can be caused by a number of different XP+USB driver problems, most of which we have implemented solutions for over the last six months. Being able to provide fixes has been contingent upon our ability to reproduce the problems here so that they can be properly debugged and the solutions tested and verified. We have not been able to reproduce a few of the current problems that users are experiencing, so we are working with specific users to directly test and debug their setup. We will keep those with pending problems informed when we have new solutions which may address their problems.Can those of us who are sitting waiting with a non functional unit get an extension on the 30 day return policy? Make it active once you find a fix for the problem? I am hoping reformatting is not the solution otherwise I would like to return mine and then re-buy once you have it worked out. If your willing to extend the 30 day return policy I will just patiently wait for a fix.

Jim

[ May 30, 2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: jimrad1 ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Jimrad1,

Please e-mail me with your details and I will ensure that I have your serial number in our database.

Thanks
jtchris

Post by jtchris »

Hey Wayne - just tried to call, you weren't in today.

Any new information on this issue?

-Jeff
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi all,

Firstly a big thank you for all of your help. I found and fixed the problem. I read in the installation instructions the need to remove and X-Keys software before installing TrackIR 3 software so I did just that. I uninstalled the X-Keys software but this isn't enough. I went through the Registry and removed EVERTHING to do with X-Keys and THAT was the solution.

I appreciate that Naturalpoint can't advise users directly to go editing their Registry but a simple un-install and re-install the X-Keys software notice isn't enough.

I have one outstanding issue in that the TrackIR software won't launch on Windows start even though I have this feature enabled but that I can live with until a fix is found.

Thanks for all your help and best wishes

Leigh (Aces)

[ June 02, 2004, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Aces JG123 ]
Drbob

Post by Drbob »

quote:Originally posted by Aces JG123:
Hi all,

Firstly a big thank you for all of your help. I found and fixed the problem. I read in the installation instructions the need to remove and X-Keys software before installing TrackIR 3 software so I did just that. I uninstalled the X-Keys software but this isn't enough. I went through the Registry and removed EVERTHING to do with X-Keys and THAT was the solution.

I appreciate that Naturalpoint can't advise users directly to go editing their Registry but a simple un-install and re-install the X-Keys software notice isn't enough.

I have one outstanding issue in that the TrackIR software won't launch on Windows start even though I have this feature enabled but that I can live with until a fix is found.

Thanks for all your help and best wishes

Leigh (Aces)Well it can't be JUST the X-keys thats getting in the way, because I didn't even know what it was before I read it in the 'manual'.

I think this problem can be caused by a lot of different USB devices that are installed before the Track IR. And I'm afraid this could make finding a fix even more difficult.
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi,

Agreed that it can't just be X-Keys as not everyone so-effected has X-Keys, but it is definitely IMO a registry issue. That was my original hunch but it took me a while to think that un-installing X-Keys as directed wasn't enough to remove its entries from the Registry.

Best Regards

Aces
jtchris

Post by jtchris »

Wayne, any new information or progress, for those of us who aren't using XKeys?

Thanks!
Jeff
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Jeff,

Sorry that I was not in work yesterday to get your call. I have left a message on your answer machine.

As Birch said in an earlier post we are giving this a high priority. If you have not done so all ready please drop me an e-mail with your name, so that when we have this resolved I can e-mail you to let you know.

Thank you for your understanding and for giving us the chance to resolve this issue.