"Run at Startup" not working

graham

"Run at Startup" not working

Post by graham »

Have the TrackIR3 Pro for about a week now, and I am suitably impressed.

The only problem I have found is that even though I have checked the "Run at Startup" option, the natural point software never starts at startup.

Anybody else get this?
Thanks,
Graham
Hotdognz

Re: "Run at Startup" not working

Post by Hotdognz »

Hey Graham I have that promblem too.

Good find
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi,

Thanks guys I have tried this at home and you are correct.

I think that I understand what the problem is, but I have to wait until tomorrow until I am in work.

Good work in finding this.

[ May 19, 2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Wayne ]
JD114T9

Post by JD114T9 »

quote:Originally posted by graham:
Have the TrackIR3 Pro for about a week now, and I am suitably impressed.

The only problem I have found is that even though I have checked the "Run at Startup" option, the natural point software never starts at startup.

Anybody else get this?
Thanks,
GrahamHi Graham

No problems here. Everthing works A-OK

I dont appear to have the same problems that you are having.
Below is a run down on what happens to my system. I am runnung on Win98 ( Tracker connected to on board USB v1.1 )

Three buttons on Tracker software screen = Run at Startup, Run minimised, Minimised to tray

NO BUTTONS CHECKED

With any profile loaded but nothing checked. I restart windows ( either cold or warm boot ), Tracker stays off. Double click on Tracker icon ( on the desktop ) , then Tracker starts ( Tracker IR leds light up, Tracker software screen appears.) Click close on Tracker screen, Tracker closes down and software screen closes.

ONLY RUN AT STARTUP CHECKED

With only Run at Startup checked. I restart windows, Tracker starts (Tracker IR leds light up ) and Tracker software screen appears on the desktop.

Close or minimise as usual...
Click Tracker on the taskbar, Tracker screen comes onto the desktop.
Click minimise on Tracker software screen, Tracker minimises to the taskbar again.
Click close on Tracker screen, Tracker software closes ( unit closes down no IR leds showing ) and askes whether I want to save any changes if I have made any.

RUN AT STARTUP and MINIMISE CHECKED

With Run at Startup and Run Minimise checked. I restart windows.
Tracker starts (Tracker IR leds light up ) and Tracker button stays on the task bar. Click on button on taskbar button, Tracker software screen comes onto the desktop.

Close or minimise as usual...
Click Tracker on the taskbar, Tracker screen comes onto the desktop.
Click minimise on Tracker screen, Tracker minimises to the taskbar again.
Click close on Tracker screen, Tracker closes ( unit closes down no IR leds showing ) and askes whether I want to save any changes if I have made any.

RUN AT STARTUP, MINIMISED and MINIMISE TO TRAY CHECKED.

With Run at Startup, Run Minimised and Minimise to tray checked. I restart windows.
Tracker starts (Tracker IR leds light up ) and Tracker icon stays in icon tray ( not on the taskbar )
Close or minimise as usual.

Click Tracker icon in the taskbar tray, Tracker screen comes onto the desktop.
Click minimise on Tracker screen, Tracker minimises to the icon tray again.
Click close on Tracker screen, Tracker closes ( unit closes down no IR leds showing ) and askes whether I want to save any changes if I have made any.

When making any changes, I am asked if I want to save the changes to the profile...click yes or no as required.

If you save any changes, then the changes take effect straight away.

On closing down the Tracker software, the changes are saved and operate as previously saved when the Tracker software is re-started.

When and if you reboot ( warm boot or cold boot ) any changes you have previously made should take effect straight away.

I hope this helps you.

Have I understood the question or is mine broken.

[ May 20, 2004, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: JD114T9 ]
graham

Post by graham »

I have Windows XP SP1. I have not done an exhaustive check of all possibilities, but I have "Run at Startup" checked, and "Minimise" checked.

When I startup no lights come on the TrackIR and the TrackIR software is not loaded. Loading the software still shows the "Run at Startup" as being checked.

MSCONFIG reveals that no TrackIR software is being run at startup.

It actually don't find it much of an issue, I just thought people may wish to be aware of it.

Thanks,
Graham
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

JD114T9, graham,

JD114T9 thanks for the info

This is only a Windows 2000/XP issue only, we are having a look at this.
JD114T9

Post by JD114T9 »

quote:Originally posted by Wayne:
JD114T9, graham,

JD114T9 thanks for the info

This is only a Windows 2000/XP issue only, we are having a look at this. Your'e welcome Wayne, I hope you realised that the very last line of my last post was a joke...somewhat like my flying . Hee hee.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

JD114T9,

I saw that

While I'm here I would like to thank you for the effort that you have put into answering posts in the forum and for being apart of the community.

Just a little thank you from NaturalPoint.