Track IR3 Stays On

otto

Track IR3 Stays On

Post by otto »

Just received my Track IR3 a few days ago, and I have to say it has changed my flight sim experience for the better. I can finally fly in cockpit view comfortably. Software works fine, too.

However, I have noticed that when I shut down Windows XP and turn off my PC, the Track IR stays powered on. Is this normal? My A7N8X mainboard has wake-on-USB, but that is disabled. Will the device be damaged by leaving it on like this?

Thanks for any help, and congratulations to ECT on a fine product.
Agent X20

Re: Track IR3 Stays On

Post by Agent X20 »

Same here with the new 3.11 software and my TIR2.

Might have to check those new Registry keys... not that I've fiddled with any of 'em.
otto

Post by otto »

I've noticed that the device stays on after Windows XP shutdown if it was first disabled by keying F9. Stays on only sometimes if shut down after running normally.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

otto,

No too sure that I understand your question correctly, but you say that the unit remains on after you have shut your operating system down.

It might be a good idea to check your power management settings for your USB, or the settings in your bios.
Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 »

In my case the PC is completely off and the TIR is glowing blue... Never used to do that.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Is it on a powered USB hub?
otto

Post by otto »

No, the unit is powered to the mainboard port USB3. My BIOS power settings are OK, and no wake-on-USB is enabled.

The problem seems to be solved if I use the Track IR3 and the NP software while flying, then shut down the OS and the PC. However, if I first disable the Track IR3 (F9), then shutdown, the device stays on (lit) with the red disabled light on.

I just have to remember to enable the device before shutdown if for any reason I have disabled it after flying. I guess the status "no data" is just as good as "disabled". That's the message I get when I remove my "dot" from the unit's FOV.

BTW: I am using a "cheap fix" Track IR3 setup developed by a virtual pilot. See here:

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a ... 310285&p=1

This method works great, it's worth a try.

[ June 19, 2004, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: otto ]
otto

Post by otto »

OK. Figured out I must exit NP software before Windows shutdown, then device goes off and stays off. Because it was minimized to system tray, I forgot software was still running.

BTW: I enjoy this Track IR3 more everyday. Now I realize how important visibility is in a/c design. I feel blind in the early 109's!