When Track Ir is installed the PC reboots

motoadve

When Track Ir is installed the PC reboots

Post by motoadve »

Still having the no data problem and now when I re install, sofware installs ok but when connecting the Track IR device to the PC , in the middle of the installation, the PC reboots and never finishes the install.
Rantanplan

Re: When Track Ir is installed the PC reboots

Post by Rantanplan »

Look at my earlier post, as I have the same problem, and it�s due to a memory allocation issue. It means, 2 USB devices trying to use the same memory. In this case, you should open your rig and try one by one your hardware cards until problem is solved. It might be annoying, but it�s the only way to solve it.
bflagg

Post by bflagg »

it's usually PCI slot 3-4 that uses the same
IRQ as USB.. (in my experience..)
cavern

Post by cavern »

I'm experiencing the same problem, I've tried moving all my ISA devices to different slots, and even removing them all, but it did not help.

Any other ideas?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

cavern,

Thank you for the update.
This is a very good point especially when using USB ports that are an integral part of keyboards and monitors.

NOTE:

The maximum USB power on a motherboard is 500mA, however not all monitors and keyboards will reach this rating, which will cause errors and camera malfunctions because the power requirements are not being met.

[ July 06, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Wayne ]
cavern

Post by cavern »

After switching the PC cards in my computer, and reinstalling them, I switched to using the USB port on the front of my case rather than the one on my Keyboard, and it seems to be working now. Either the USB port was the problem (which is unlikely, because it works with other devices I have), or it was somehow fixed by swapping out the cards (even tho they are in the same slots that they were before).... Either way, its working fine now.
edbert

Post by edbert »

The problem is probalbly the fact that you were using the USB port in the keyboard. Mine rebooted when I connected it to that port. I DID get a very brief pop-up message saying something to the effect of not having enough power then BAM, right to the BIOS POST.