Track-IR3pro is too fast / IL-2 FB Sim

Lowpull

Re: Track-IR3pro is too fast / IL-2 FB Sim

Post by Lowpull »

Hi InvisibleS. !

Yes, I have a cordless Logitech keyboard + mouse in use .... should this be the base for my problems ...... Hhmmmm ....

Did You change to a wired version and redressed the mailfunction Whould be a great and easy solution !!

Thanks a lot !!

Greets, Lowpull !

[ August 04, 2004, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Lowpull ]
InvisibleSurfer

Post by InvisibleSurfer »

Well, the problem I had was basically with a logitech cordless mouse. The cursor was jumping everywhere on the screen. Anyway, I thing it might interfear in some way with your TrackIR.

Myself, I got rid of the crapy mouse and got a normal usb mouse from Microsoft. Currently, I have a cordless Logitech joystick, I'll see if it presents any problem when I buy the TrackIR.

I would recommend conecting a good-old mouse and keyboard on your box and see if TrackIR works better. If it does, go stick the cordless mouse+kbrd up Logitech's ass. Their cordless devices are SO bad....
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

After you setup the custom deadzone using the numbers in the thread I pointed to, are you leaving it on CUSTOM or changing it back to deadzone?
Lowpull

Post by Lowpull »

@ Charlie -

I`m in the custom-mode all the time and stayed there after any changes

Cheers , Lowpull !
Lowpull

Post by Lowpull »

Thanks a lot !!

I also got answer frome Wayne by email and so I will start another test sequence this weekend and I will be back after that ...
I don`t give up - I tried to fly online with Coolie yesterday ... no chance, no fun

Cheers, Lowpull !
Lowpull

Post by Lowpull »

OK, here I go again

... I bought me a wired keybord and mouse and tested again - without any success !

Seems, that someone playes against me ...

And now I`ve just one last idea - a complete new windows set-up

I`ll be back after that ......

Cheers , Lowpull !
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Lowpull,

This is very strange, please e-mail me before you re-install Windows.
Lowpull

Post by Lowpull »

Hi Wayne !

It`s OK .... a new set-up is the last thing I can do here frome my office and so we`ll see, if the problem is windows based ..... otherwise I`ve just the idea to send the unit back to the dealer in Holland or to You for a test

Greets frome Germany , Lowpull !
InvisibleSurfer

Post by InvisibleSurfer »

Damnit, I just got my hands on TIR3 PRO and I am having the same problem... In IL2 FB the view changes too fast and I need to be reseting the center position every like 5 seconds. What's goin' on????

Ok, during calibration I thought that the reaction was too slow so I thought let's set it at "aggressive" and see. I just couldn't follow the game AT ALL so I went back and set it at "smooth" but I got the same thing again...

Any help would be appreciated.
Exec01

Post by Exec01 »

All
Ok, I also have the trackir 3 pro with this same problem while playing il-2 FB with AEP. After reading this forum and topic and then emailing Wayne for a copy of his profile. Which he was kind enough to send me with the suggestion to check the camera distance also. I unzipped the file where he said to, and also found that my camera(trackir unit) was closer to 14" then 18" that it requires.

After relocating the trackir unit to a greater distance (about 20" now) and waynes profile it seems to be working GREAT, it will take some getting used to, but it seems almost natural!!!!

Thanks Wayne and all of you dealing with this issue for bringing it up and helping with it and also supporting this forum - its a great resource, even if we don't all post to, we still read it!!!

BTW - developers - not all can move the trackir unit out to this 18-24" distance - anyway to include a slide in the software for distance (or speed) for those of us that mount it 1 foot in front of our faces???
(moved from top of monitor to my printer top now)