Problem with driver install

tagada

Problem with driver install

Post by tagada »

Hello,

I have a computer with Windows XP and TrackIr3. I had the 3.11 drivers. I decided to upgrade to 3.12.

The first steps of the install routine seemed to work fine (uninstall old driver, install new). However the last (remove obsolete registry input) ended with an error message (a registry key could not be deleted; if I recall well something like Vid_131D&Pid_0155).

After that, the TrackIr software could not make any contact to the TrackIr.

I tried out following steps, each after having restored my system with 3.11 at a point where TrackIr is connecting:

1) uninstalling 3.11 through software install/uninstall, (rebooting), then installing 3.12: same error when cleaning registry, same connection problem with 3.12 installed;

2) install�ng 3.12 over 3.11 without letting the installation program clean the registry: installation works!

3) removing the incriminated registry manually: no go, it is locked.

I am therefore relying on my system restore, if anything goes wrong with the TrackIr... This is not a situation I like. I'd rather be able to make a clean install of the driver whenever it pleases me...

Is there a way to do that (ie to erase all the TrackIr registry keys)?

Best regards,
Tagada
Wayne

Re: Problem with driver install

Post by Wayne »

tagada,

When this happens it is normally because you have connected TrackIR to another port and WinXP will not forget.

That reg entry should be okay if you leave it, however if you really want to remove it you will need to go into the device manager and remove/uninstall each time TrackIR is connected to the ports that you have connected to.