Strange FS9 Problem

steku

Re: Strange FS9 Problem

Post by steku »

Thanks David

I just ordered TrackIR2

I think that tommorow I'll be doing my own testing.
Fibble

Post by Fibble »

I can confirm that the registered version of FSUIPC DOES fix the problem on my system. All controls operate normally, including the exponential speedup of OBS/Heading bugs. That is, if you hold the mouse button down, it starts off incrementing by 1, then if you keep it held down, it starts incrementing by 10. Trim controls and autopilot altitude settings operate correctly also!

Just a thought here, but I think putting the line

FixControlAccel=Yes

under the [General] section of your FSUIPC.INI file should turn this option on (which is off by default) without having to register FSUIPC. I tried this on a limited basis and it seemed to work, so it might be worth a try.

[ September 16, 2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Fibble ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks guys for everyone that has checked this and has confirmed that FSUIPC does indeed solve the problem.

I have said a number of times in the forum that this will resolve the problem.

I would like to say that as far as I am aware the unregistered version will not work, and the dll module must be registered for this function to be enabled.

I have talked with Pete Dowson the programmer that wrote FSUIPC, who was very helpful. We are looking at an alterative to solve this issue that happens with the control acceleration that only appears to an issue when the unit is tracking.

I will post here when I know a little more, thanks guys for all your testing.
steku

Post by steku »

I too confirm that "Fix control acceleration" option of registered FSUIPC can solve (or workaround) the problem.

I personally think that we shouldn't try to cheat unregistered version of FSUIPC by putting a line in FSUIPC.INI. Maybe Pete Dowson left this possibilyty in unregistered version by mistake, but I'm convinced that he truly deserves his small registaration fee.

Trying to fly with TrackIR I found that I can now easily fly planes with more complex panels (in VC) like Cessna 310. It's easy not only to look outside but you can easily look at different gauges located for example on the far right end of the panel. You cen even move your viewpoint closer to the panel (this way instruments are bigger and easier to read) beacuse you can always look right, left or down at other instruments. Realy great

Wayne

Solution of increment problem was indeed published on Natural Point pages. But in my opinion it should be made a sticky with comprehensive explanation or even better published on FAQ or troubleshooting pages and in the manual. Users buying this product should be aware that this problem exist and can be solved by another (payware) product. With this information at hand the potential customer can decide if he still wants to buy this product or not. I just made my decision