Edit point and all those numbers

musbou

Edit point and all those numbers

Post by musbou »

TrackIR 3 Pro Serial #23738.
After reading posts about installing problems with XP, I carefully followed the steps last night. Everything worked!! I took it for a test in my Bill Lyon's Cub in FS9, and all I can say is it really makes it look so real now. My problem is this: How do I make the dead zone? I read the PDF manual , and the post form Charlie to ned. Charlie gave him a series of numbers (0,0,3,8,13,20,35) to enter. I am not sure how to do this. First, I can't get the slider to stop on 3, 8, or 13. It goes to 5, 10, and 15. I used the + and - signs, but no go. Can someone please tell me step by step how to enter the numbers above. I do not see a way to save each entry. I should mention that I am a computer moron, and am not ashamed to admit it. This is still all new to me.
Thanks to all of you out there !
Parse

Re: Edit point and all those numbers

Post by Parse »

Hi jens.

Don't give up! I'm like you - complete moron when it comes to computers. I have to do things step by step too.

So if you have the time to read this I will try to coach you through "building a profile"

If you look along the "Tool Bar'" at the top of the TRACKIR Screen you should see: MAIN/HOTKEYS/MOTION/TRACKING/PROFILE.

We are interested in the MOTION Screen.

Click on the MOTION Screen. On the right half of the screen you should see three 'slider bars' (Forget the smoother bar for now).

OK, look at the "Speed slider" it has a minus sign on the left side and a plus sign on the right side. Click on the plus sign and each click should increase the number on the right side of the plus sign by one ie: from 0 to 80.

THIS WE WILL CALL SPEED (SP)

OK, Now look at the 'Edit slider' Click on the plus sign and each click should increase the number by the following increments: 0/2/5/10/20/30/40/50.

THIS WE WILL CALL EDIT POINT (EP)

Now click both minus signs until the numbers on the right of the sliders read 0.

Just an additional note: Above the sliders you should see "Edit a motion axis" and below that a blue dot on the "X" and a blue chain. (The "Y" should be blank)

Below the edit bars you should see in yellow "Group edit points"

So now let's build a profile.

You have to enter a number on the EDIT POINT (EP) slider first. Then you have to enter a number on the SPEED SLIDER (SP) next and so on.

We will use Charlies' profile as an example (It's pretty good for FS2004)

So to start with your EP Slider should read 0 and your SP Slider should also read 0.

OK. Now comes the hard part! (Just kidding)

Click the plus sign on the right side of your EP Slider. It should now read 2. Now look up at your SP Slider . It should read 0.

Go back to your EP Slider and click the plus sign again. It should now read 5. Now look up at your SP Slider. It should read 0. (pretty heady stuff eh?)

Now for the real action!!!!!!

Go back to your EP Slider and click the plus sign again. It should now read 10. Now look up at your SP Slider. It should read 0. BUT WE'VE HAD ENOUGH ZERO'S. So, click on the plus sign of your SP Slider until the number reads 3.

So what you have now done so far looks like this: EP0/SP0 EP2/SP0 EP5/SP0 EP10/SP3.

So what you have to do now is to follow this procedure step by step using these numbers.
EP20/SP8 EP30/SP13 EP40/SP20 EP50/SP35.

This is now a new profile so you have to give it a name. (I call mine CHARLIE 1).

Right. Back up to your TRACKIR Toolbar. Click on /PROFILE/.

On the left hand side is a list of profiles. Scroll up to the top and you should see the words <CREATE NEW> . Click on this line to get it to the top of the box. Now delete this line and type in CHARLIE 1.

Then click SAVE and then LOAD.

If I haven't screwed up you should now have this profile in your TRACKIR system.

As a check, go back to TRACKIR Toolbar and click on /MAIN/. On the top right hand side you should see the words "CURRENT PROFILE" Hopefully this should read CHARLIE 1.

If it's not there then go to TRACKIR Toolbar /PROFILE/ and scroll down the list of profiles. Hopefully you can find CHARLIE 1 there somewhere.

So finally, if this has been successful, fire up your Natural Point and Flight Sim and go flying.

If this profile does not suit your desires then you now know how to play with the numbers. The higher the number on the SPEED SLIDER the faster your image will turn.

I hope that I've helped you jens, If not, then I had some good typing practice

Regards.

"PARSE"

[ November 25, 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Parse ]
musbou

Post by musbou »

Thanks! Your explanation was just what I needed. Now when I look around it is much more natural. I went back to Charlie's numbers, (0,0,0,3,8,13,20,35) and they do not correspond to EP's and SP's as far as I can tell. For example, if you look at the third group (8,13) you cannot set an EP at 8. It is in 5's only. He does not mention Speed Points. That is what I found so confusing. He did not mention, like you did, that you alternate EP and SP. I am not slighting Charlie, mind you. I may be totally wrong in how I read his numbers. One more thing: I set the profile in Dead Zone. What are the other profiles (Smooth, Progressive, Aggressive) for, and when or should I use them?
Parse

Post by Parse »

Hi jens.

Don't worry you'll get there in the end !!

The numbers: 0,0,0,3,8,13,20 and 35 are SPEED NUMBERS ONLY - NOT EDIT POINTS.

DO NOT group these numbers together. (You cannot change the Edit Point values - they are set for you and all you have to do is click on the plus sign of the EDIT Point Slider and they will increase automatically.

Remember Edit Point number first, then select your desired Speed number. If you try ALL ZEROS in the Speed Slider then maybe you will not get any motion at all.!!!! The three zeros in the Speed Slider for the first three Edit Points give you the dead zone. The 3, 8 and 13 start to move your view.

I only use "Custom" on motion presets - Too scared to try anything else at the moment.

If all this is still not clear - type away and I, or maybe someone else with a better explanation, will try to help you.

TRACKIR is a great add-on for flight simming - Just a little frustrating sometimes - but well worth it.

Regards,

"PARSE"

[ November 26, 2004, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Parse ]