HELP! TrackIR locks my flaps down in FB

Alexi_Alx_Anova

HELP! TrackIR locks my flaps down in FB

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

I haven't exhaustively tested this but I have a big problem with TrackIR.

I have assigned F10 to turn TrackIR on/off.

When in-game in Forgotten Battles and I turn TrackIR on, my plane's flaps lower and will not go up.

In some planes (e.g., La5) it locks in Combat flaps.

In most other planes it locks in take-off flaps.

The flaps refuse to go up and only turning TrackIR off will fix it.

I have assigned on/off to other keys but with the same effect.

I'm using enhanced mode and I have set the config.ini for Forgotten Battles as recommended in that game's README.

Driver is 2.01b

Please help!

Any advise. e-mail:
Alx_747@yahoo.co.uk

Alexi
Charlie251

Re: HELP! TrackIR locks my flaps down in FB

Post by Charlie251 »

Just curious: Ive seen this a bit in the last few weeks: Why are people posting the same questions in different rooms at the same time?

Alexi_Alx_Anova

Re: HELP! TrackIR locks my flaps down in FB

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

OK here's the latest. Again, not exhaustively tested since I didn't have too much time last night.

The good news is that my problem is 'fixed'
The bad news is that it's weird

Firstly, I remapped all the TrackIR keys to their defaults and started FB. But, I had exactly the same problem

Then I noticed that even if I turned TrackIR off with F12, the flaps drop down if I look at my plane in external view!

I can move the flaps back up and they will stay up as long as I don't move the mouse, but as soon as I change my view, down they go. The only difference with having TrackIR on, is that the flaps lock down.

So it looks like the flaps lowering is being triggered by free viewing. Weird hey?

BUT, if I drop out of FB using the Windows key and turn TrackIR off, then return to FB, the problem disappears.

Then, if I start TrackIR AFTER I have started FB, there is no problem....

So my somewhat awkward fix is to start FB then drop out of it and start TrackIR. This is a bit of a pain but I don't think I can stomach hunting down exactly what is causing this.

I think when the patch is finally released I'll re-install FB and see if this fixes the problem.

Alexi