Software v4 problem ...

gsgalaxy

Software v4 problem ...

Post by gsgalaxy »

Grabbed the new v4 version of trackIR software, uninstalled v3.13 , installed v4.

Those 3D-heads tell you really good, how the movement from head is transformed into in-game-movement. Great done.

OK - good , so far.

Now my problem:
Running IL2+PF no problem at all - everything kicks in - trackIR enhanced mode gets started automatically with the start of the game.
There it's working.

But - starting up FS2004 - profil gets started automatic, all the leds (green and blue) are lit, but then switching to the VR-cockpit, it doesn't matter how i move around my head with the hat on ( i even crawled under the couch ...) , it's not working anymore, like it did in the v3-software ???

What could i be doing wrong ?
I don't read about any trouble here with FS2004, so i must be the only one ...
Charlie251

Re: Software v4 problem ...

Post by Charlie251 »

I have not confirmed this, but the problem may be the fact that FS2004 is 6DOF capable and you do not have the clip.

Go into the FS2004 profile and on the motion tab, click on DOT instead of VECTOR.

Give it a shot and tell us if it works then.
Birch

Post by Birch »

In the TrackIR version 4.0 software the way that MSFS 2004 support is implemented has changed.

MSFS should work in both Vector and Dot tracking modes. If it is not, then it would be helpful if you could post information about any add-ons or updates that you may be using.

Also : Charlie - you are among the elite for a day or so more! The Dot / Vector selection is hidden for everyone else, at least until the tidal wave of Vector registrations starts to hit.

[ December 11, 2004, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Birch Zimmer ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Oops.... my appologies if that caused any confusion. I didnt realize that.
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by Charlie:
Oops.... my appologies if that caused any confusion. I didnt realize that. It's all good.

This happened only one other time, on a test installation done in Germany early in the beta cycle. Unfortunatly it was not possible to debug it at that location. I hope it is not hard to track down.

[ December 11, 2004, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Birch Zimmer ]
ericd

Post by ericd »

Here's some of the things that will help track this down:

MSFS patch level
Any MSFS add-ons
DirectX version (you can get this by running DxDiag)
Operating System (including Service Pack level)
Video card w/driver version
CPU
Memory
Motherboard if known

The more information you can provide the better.

Thanks!
e
gsgalaxy

Post by gsgalaxy »

Well,

thanks alot guys, for your replies.

Charlie ... i really can't see the dot/vector selector - i didn't recieve my pre-ordered vector expansion yet, so i can't activate it. It always displays "dot" ...

I've had some time now again, to check out different things, try to run it in different ways and now being even more confused ...

Here's the story (get yourself a coffee, it will take a while to read ) :

No luck at all - still nothing moving in FS2004 ...
even the trackIR v4 software picks up the start of FS2004 and autoloads the profiles.

I've tested it with the default "Flight" profile, with my own profiles, everything seems to be working fine, getting the feedback in the different settings-windows - speaking of tracking, gauges and heads !

But trying the same in FS2004, well, no response at all !

What i've noticed is, that it looks like the v4-version handles the VR-cockpit movement in a different way, not anymore through an interface-dll like the v3 versions - called trackirfs2004.dll !
There isn't any *.dll for the v4-version (like Birch mentioned above already ... the support to FS2004 has changed ).
But this new way doesn't seem to work in each PC environment, seems like.

Realizing this, i thought, i should try to run it on the simplest WinXP possible, so i've shut down all not-WinXP necessary tasks and processes, a basic WinXP.
Well, that didn't help.

Next step i took: i've cleaned the FS2004\modules folder from all DLL's , which weren't basic FS2004 modules, speaking of addon-DLL's.
I've deactivated the joystick (wouldn't really helped me, if it worked then, since i need that stick ... )
Same as above: no luck - still not working.

Then i've reinstalled the v3.13 software - having now both, the v3.13 and the v4 software installed.
Closing the v4-software, running the v3.13 (with the trackirfs2004.dll resident in modules), everything is fine again and working !

So, i can't get the trackIR 3 pro device working with v4-software and FS2004, doesn't matter, what i do and how simple i keep my WinXP and FS2004 system.

Eric asked for my system and program specs.
Well, can't see, how this should interfere with it, but obviosly something does ... on which side, software or hardware related, who knows.

Well, anyway, here is some info about my system:

- Windows XP Home with SP1 (no SP2 , no,no ... ...) and a view offical Microsoft safety patches which got released over this year.
- Processor AMD XP 3200+
- 1.25 GB DDR Ram PC2700 333 Mhz (1x Infineon, 2 other producers)
- graphic-card Hercules TDH 400 Nvidia GeForce 6600 (no LE, no GT, no Ultra version) with 128 MB
- graphic-card running with driver-version Forceware 66.93
- Motherboard MSI KT6 Delta
- DirectX version 9.0c (the newest, as far as i know since a while)
- FS2004 version v9.1 - patch installed since it's release date (running FS2004 with original fs9.exe - not an noCD-changed one)
- MSFS 2004 addons installed:
FSUIPC v3.40
FS-Navigator
Active Camera v2
A320-Pilot in Command with 2004 patch
some Lago- European-Terrain-Meshes (which are scenery and shouldn't interfere at all !!)

Well , that's about it, since i had to reinstall the FS2004 from the start, when patching from v9.0 to v9.1 - and i kept the FS2004 less pumped full and left out addons , being too old ... )

But since i removed all FS2004-addon-DLLs and all WinXP extra tools, which were running in background and it still didn't work, this seems quite mysterious ...

PS.: Birch, don't tell me now, the problem is, because i am using TrackIR v4 in Germany ... i guess i have to move than ... in which countries is it working again ?? ...

G�tz "galaxy" Scheuermann

[ December 11, 2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: galaxy ]
gsgalaxy

Post by gsgalaxy »

Have to add something, i've just noticed, after reading through a few other posts, not related to my problem - just of interest.

Someone was asking about the difference between a trackIR 3 normal and trackIR 3 pro, which is basicly the speed of 80 fps normal and 120 fps in the pro-version and the answer was it's related to the precision and the smoothing-possibilities of the tracking !

After reading this info ... suddenly i remembered something:
in trackIR v3 and higher software the "smoothing-slider" had a division in 120 steps, which i assume it's connected to this 80/120 fps of trackIR3/trackIR3-pro.

What else i've noticed then in the new v4 software, i got problems with:
doesn't matter what profile i call up and check the different settings - the smoothing-slider in v4 only got a division of only 80 steps ??!!

Am i wrong here now, or is it suppose to be 120 steps, too, since i got the pro-version ??

(to mention: the "Main"-tab of the v4-software tells me correct a TrackIR 3 pro as a device ...)

[ December 11, 2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: galaxy ]
gsgalaxy

Post by gsgalaxy »

Don't want to bother you guys too much here, just might be of interest in the developement process of the new software ...

Update:
i've uninstalled FS2004 v9.1 totally, no left over data somewhere (erased fs9-dir in documents and settings, too).

Reinstalled the basic version FS2004 v9.0 - no addons at all (german version of FS2004, it is ... don't tell me, there could be a problem ? )

This should do it, i thought.
Wrong !
Not working !

So the only difference is the different country version. Nothing more left on the FS2004 software side.

Would be silly, recieving the vector-expansion, which basicly is the only program using the 6DOF (besides a maybe in combat flight sim) and it wouldn't work ...

[ December 11, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: galaxy ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Hey Galaxy.

Everyone, regardless of version, only has 80 steps in the smoothing slider. Nothing wrong with yours there.

As for the rest, I am going to bow out of this one and let the NP guys take it as they know more about this specific one than I ever will.