Left view

ricob

Left view

Post by ricob »

Just got my TrackIR Pro and am very pleased. All went very smoothly during set-up but I have one quick question.

Most of the time in PF, 2004, Lock-on I can turn my head all the way to the left and right and the view goes back as far as the sim allows. But on occasions (and I am not sure exactly when or why) I can only look left about a quarter or half the way and then the view will not go any further no matter what I do. I never get this when I look to the right. I re-center (F12) things and it may or may re-correct itself.

I have the TrackIR centered and I am the correct distance away. Any ideas? Thanks

..Rico
steku

Re: Left view

Post by steku »

Check if you reflective dot is still visible do TrackIR unit when you turn yor head to the left. If you have it on your boom mike and this mike is on the left side of your mouth it comes out of unit's filed of view when you turn your head to the left.
ricob

Post by ricob »

Yes... the reflective dot is still visible (tested it many ways). I went into the TrackIR software in the "motion" tab. I centered (using f12). When I move to the right I go from 0 to +50. When I turn left I go from 0 to -25 and it stops dead. If I move my entire body I can get it to go from -50 to +50 but not just turning my head. I have tried being close and far away. Is there something wrong with the unit? Is there anything else I should be trying?

Thanks
ricob

Post by ricob »

got it... it was all in the angle of it was perched on the LCD. The little guy is now looking slightly to my right and I used the bigger dot and sat closer.