How do I turn on Enhanced mode in v4?

BM457_Hellbender

How do I turn on Enhanced mode in v4?

Post by BM457_Hellbender »

I don't have a button for enabling Enhanced mode in v4. I only have hotkeys for Pause, Center and Precision.

Here's a screencap:

http://users.skynet.be/67/pf/trackir.gif
ericd

Re: How do I turn on Enhanced mode in v4?

Post by ericd »

There is no need to turn on/off enhanced mode in the new software. When the game starts up, a profile is auto-loaded and it automatically enters enhanced mode.

The blue light should also turn on when the game is detected. You can double check the titles list to see that the game you loaded is in bold.
BM457_Hellbender

Post by BM457_Hellbender »

Thank you for your swift reply!

My fault, really, as I didn't bother to start the game up as the LED remained off. I would still very much like to be able to switch between Enhanced and Mouse Emulation mode, unless you completely fixed the framerate drop bug.
ericd

Post by ericd »

Right now, mouse emulation is not in the new software. We were under some tight deadlines to get the latest software done and mouse emulation fell under the cutoff line. Hopefully this will be enabled in a future release.

As for the frame rate problem, hopefully the new threading architecture has helped this situation. Let me know if it improves for you on v4.
DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Post by DonULFonso »

quote:Originally posted by Eric Davison:
Right now, mouse emulation is not in the new software. We were under some tight deadlines to get the latest software done and mouse emulation fell under the cutoff line. Hopefully this will be enabled in a future release.OK, then I'll wait with installing it until the final software will be available. Let me say that I do appreciate the good work you folks are doing, though.

The only reason for me to wait is that I 'need' the mouse-look mode even for games that are enhanced, e.g. for controlling the map or similar stuff, and of course for those games that are not enhanced.
VFS-22_SPaRX

Post by VFS-22_SPaRX »

Eric,

The Framerate dropping issues has not been resolved in V4 at all. It still happens to me as well as some others that i know are having the same issue. I posted more info on the topic , here is the link....

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 8;t=000118

I have spoken to Wayne 2 times on the phone now and he said as well that he hoped V4 would solve the issue, but it has not. Shame too, because V4 has much smoother tracking then V3.x. But i have to run version 3.12 so i can switch to mouse emulation when my framerates drop.

There are 5 people that i am incontact with on a regular basis, and we all see the same problem. Infract, if we are playing on the same online server, our framerates drop at almost the same exact time.

I am willing to do anything to help you guys out. If you need me to test some theorys, please do not hesitate to ask me. If you would like me to give you a call i am willing to do this as well. If you cannot tell, we want this issue fixed. We continue to use the product despite the problems we are having, if this tells you how much we enjoy using it.

Let me know if there is anything i can do to help

S~
SPaRX
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Just out of curiousity Sparx...

1. What is your video card?

2. Are you using the onboard USB or an add in card? If onboard, what chiset? If add in, which?

3. What CPU?

This really perplexes me because I don't have this problem at all.

I don't know at all, but it seems to me that it is not an issue with the n/p program as V4 is a complete rewrite and you still have the problem. Seems like it might be your USB or maybe another program running.

Just a suggestion, but for about 20 bucks and a little time (assuming you haven't already done it ofcoarse) I would go and buy a relatively nice USB add-in card and see if that helps at all......

Maybe you have that "USB Mouse" thing active in your board bios....hard telling really.

[ December 13, 2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: BM357_TinMan ]
VFS-22_SPaRX

Post by VFS-22_SPaRX »

Been there done that . I have tried everything i can think of.

System Specs
Asus A7n8x motherboard
2800+ barton cpu - running stock speed
1 gig of ram
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound card
Windows XP Pro
Adaptec USB PCI card
Trackir 1 and 3pro
ATI 9800 Pro 128meg video card

Spent alittle more then 20 bux on the USB card

I would completely agree with you that it was my problem if i was alone in this, but as you can see i am not. Myself and a guys I fly IL2 with every week have the same problem. And as i stated, we both start dropping frames at almost the exact same time.

[ December 13, 2004, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: VFS-22_SPaRX ]
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

That is really weird.

If you had access to even a 5200 nvidia and could completely remove the det and install the nvidia, then you could eliminate THAT as the culpurit.

I wonder, do you squadies that experience this problem have ati or nvidia gpu's?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

What perplexes me is that the only people that have this problem all fly together!

Edit: This is said in humor - nothing meant by it.

[ December 14, 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Charlie ]