My Track IR is WAY too fast!!!

No457_Warrior

My Track IR is WAY too fast!!!

Post by No457_Warrior »

Hi
I am using it for IL2 FB and the enhanced mode works but it seems way too fast.
On any of the default settings ,smooth, dead zone etc, my view zips around the screen at super speed and the only way it is sort of ok is if I set all the speeds to realy slow (edit point speeds of X axis are: 1,1,1,1,2,4,10,20) This does not seem right to need to set it this low as other ppls profiles I have seen are alot higher but are too fast for me.
Using 2.01final, winXP pro, amd XP1900, asus mobo, GF4 Ti4200, 512ddr.
Any help would be appreciated as it is still a little fast.

thanks
Warrior

Reinhard

Re: My Track IR is WAY too fast!!!

Post by Reinhard »

Hi,

mmh, I nearly got the same settings (0,0,0,0,0, 3,10,20 for X), seems to me that there is no solution for your "problem", as it is a restriction of the system of track-IR (hope you can understand my English ;-))

If you slow edit points 30,40, 50 even more down , I suppose you won't be able to check your 6. Track-IR needs to compromise: small head movement means large angle of view. But I know, what you mean. In dogfight hectic, movement is too high, as one tends to move the head as in reality and that's too fast for track-IR. So you often lose sight.

I fear there is no other solution than to try to get used to it. If anyone has got any other hints, please let me know!

Greetings from Germany

Reinhard
DNME

Re: My Track IR is WAY too fast!!!

Post by DNME »

How fast is fast?

30 for X and Y is a moderate speed for me. Not too fast, not too slow. But i don't use any deadzone. so for me it's 30 across all the edit points (lineair response)

If possible could you give us a FB trk to show your panning at the super speeds and the sort of ok speeds?

Also double check you're indeed in enhanced mode. The speed scalings don't work in mouse emulation mode.

[ July 23, 2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: DNME ]