No love with TrackIR 4/Vector and FS2004

spotlope

No love with TrackIR 4/Vector and FS2004

Post by spotlope »

I just got my TrackIR 3 Pro w/Vector Expansion, and it seems to work beautifully... but not in FS2004. I'm basically not getting any motion tracking at all in the sim with the latest version of the software (as of yesterday, Dec. 24). This is with the U.S. version of the simulator so I doubt it's a localization issue. Just thought I'd mention that it's not just a problem with French versions of FS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Bill Womack

PS -- Tried it in Combat Flight Sim 3 and it kicks absolute BUTT!!

PPS -- Merry Christmas!

[ December 25, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Bill Womack ]
grover

Re: No love with TrackIR 4/Vector and FS2004

Post by grover »

Hey bill, do you hide any text like the red text that says what view you are in, and your zoom level?
davido53

Post by davido53 »

I had the same problem and had to go back to the 3.x software...

then it worked...

the tech I spoke with on the phone said to install the 3.x software, the the 4.0 software, but that is what I did originally and FS2004 did not work with the trackir...

it will work under 3.x though
spotlope

Post by spotlope »

quote:Originally posted by grover:
Hey bill, do you hide any text like the red text that says what view you are in, and your zoom level?Hi Grover,

Thanks for the tip. I remembered after reading your post that I had a modified language.dll file in my FS9 that got rid of most of the red text onscreen. I replaced it with my backup original version and now it works great!

Many thanks for the reply,
Bill