My problems with TIR3 Pro

Oz_Cougar

Re: My problems with TIR3 Pro

Post by Oz_Cougar »

Sorry mate but I'm all outta ideas at the moment .... will keep thinking about your issues and will get back if I can think of anything new. Unfortunately I am fairly tied up in some development work on another project for the foreseeable future.

Good luck and I hope you solve your problems
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi Viper,
I doubt that is the BIOS as well and you are right unless you know what you are doing leave well alone.

If you are runing a Intel chipset (which I think you are) then down load and install this
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=17
I am using that chipset driver with no problems. That site has chipset drivers for Nvidia and for VIA motherboards as well. I suggest getting the drivers from there because it is less hastle getting them there than on the respective official sites.

Apart from moving the sensor back another foot (12"), I do not think it is the TIR, but I would drop a PM to Wayne as I am stumped.

I hope that one of the guys at NP can help Viper As the only other thing I can sugest is to unplug the TIR and to re install the drivers after running the Intel drivers (they do not touch the BIOS).

Good Luck.
Sulky

Post by Sulky »

Viper
2D pit will always pan in steps. Use 3D pit for TIR
Did you add -head to your command line? One exe needs that another doesnt, so add -head or remove -head depending on its current status with your install. Sorry I only use F4 SP4MP5-1 these days, or I'd be more specific.
Sulk'
TheViper

Post by TheViper »

I have had the 2D pit working from time to time on different installs. 4 clicks left, 4 right, etc. On my last install, though, the clicks were not controllable (once going in one direction it would not stop until I pointed my hat in the other direction forcefully, then it would pan back -- it always ends up looking at the ejection seat pitot tube, it won't stay looking straight ahead. I don't really want 2D though, it's the natural panning in the 3D cockpit I want.

Can you link me to a detailed instruction for adding the -head? My understanding was that with BMS2.0 + BMS data patch you didn't need that -head. I never understood, anyway, just where it is you're supposed to add it.

Thanks!
TheViper

Post by TheViper »

Well, I tried TrackIR3 Pro v4.0.012 with MS Flight Sim 2004 and it works fine! So I know my TIR isn't broken, and that my hardware and drivers will run it.

Surely someone has had this behavior from the TrackIR in Falcon before -- I've had much more detailed discussions about my problem in a topic in Frugals' Falcon4 forum. Rather than copy a bunch of that here, I'll link it (my first post in this topic is the 7th one then most of the rest of the posts are back-and-forths regarding my issues):

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/show ... post917798

Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

Thanks!