TrackIR 3 stopped working suddenly...

Amraam

TrackIR 3 stopped working suddenly...

Post by Amraam »

Hi all, and thank you for crearing such an exellent product!

I bought TrackIR 3 about 4 months back from www.edimensional.co.uk. It has been working flawlessly up until now, but currently it doesnt seem to like the software. When I plug it in I hear the Windows USB "plug-in" sound, but no LEDs illuminate. As soon as I launch the trackIR software (tried various drivers) I instantly get the windows USB "un-plug" sound. When I try to plug it in again, i repeatedly get a bubble popping up from the system tray reporting that the hardware has a malfunction and that Windows cannot recognise it. After inspecting it, I can see no visual damage and a member of staff from edimensional feels that it is likely a hardware problem. This occurs when it is plugged in any of the USB ports and does not occur with any other USB devices.
Can anyone advise me? Is it possible for a exchange?

Thanks very much,
Harry Marshall
Amraam

Re: TrackIR 3 stopped working suddenly...

Post by Amraam »

Anyone?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

amraam,

Have you changed ports, or are you using the same port as before?
Is everything else that you are using on your USB working correctly?
Is there any opportunity to try the unit on another system to confirm the status of the unit?
Amraam

Post by Amraam »

Thanks for the reply.
Yup the problem occurs in all USB ports (i have 6). I have tried uninstalling all other USB drivers and putting Track IR back on, and have tried various drivers, neither gave any result. This problem does not occur with any other USB device, but unfortunatly I have only 1 system so I cant try it on another one. I'm pretty sure its hardware problems as nothing had changed software wise. The tracker doesnt switch one at all, no LEDs or anything. Windows just doesnt want to recognise it at all.

Thanks very much for you assistance
Slice

Post by Slice »

One thought, if you have a USB modem for ADSL or similar try uplugging it before you plug in TrackIR.

I know some USB modems use huge amounts of power from USB.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

amraam,

If you have not dropped me an email at the office please do, then we can llok at the status of the unit.

Slice,

Thanks for the help around the forums. I notice these things.
Amraam

Post by Amraam »

hi all,
Wayne, did you get the tracker in the post OK? I sent you emails, but I heard you were ill.
Thanks again!