real angles. possible?

AiCaramba

real angles. possible?

Post by AiCaramba »

I was wondering if TI can read real angles?

Like if I have a room with a 360degree game projection. If I then turn my head 90degrees to the left. Would TI be able to read that and turn the virtual head in the game 90 degrees to the left?

Thanks!

/Tomas
Jim

Re: real angles. possible?

Post by Jim »

Yes, our Vector system does work in with real world coordinates, including degrees for rotation. When you have the scaling set to 1, or there abouts, it is an actual 1to1 movement.
steku

Post by steku »

I'm afraid it's impossible to turn your head 90 degress and still have tracking dots in sight with Vector. As far as I observed you can't go farther with your head than 10-20 degress (I didn't measured it precisely, but you definitely can't move your head 90 degrees and still be in tracking range).
JD

Post by JD »

Yea you would need 4 TrackIR's and some new software to interface them all together so at 45degrees it would hand off to the next TrackIR and so on to make a full 360.
Jim

Post by Jim »

We will have a system out in a few months that allows you to use multiple units together to get a full FOV. This is our new Optitrack line, for OEM customers and guys who like to tinker.
NKPPilot

Post by NKPPilot »

If you have 360 projection, what do you need trackir for?