Settings for Deadband and centering

NKPPilot

Settings for Deadband and centering

Post by NKPPilot »

Ok, need help.

I am having trouble returning to center when I am tracking a plane crossing my nose. Say right to left from right wingtip flying in front then across to left side. As I swing my head back to where I thought or feel center is, I am not centered and the view is skewed to one side. This causes my sights to be off center and makes for a difficult shot to say the least.

What I think I need is settings that will give me a very exagerated feel(I think). When I am looking up over my shoulder, I want my head way back and up. Then as I return to center I would like a very large deadband so I do not have to be perfectly centered with head position to be looking straight down the sights.

So.... what numbers would give me this feel?

Or is it not that easy.

or am I wrong and should go with very little head motion to generate large movements. This seems difficult since I'd have to keep my head very still least it jumps around...

I even tried mapping the "recenter" to my hat. This way as they begin to get in my sights, I could instantly snap to center. This works poorly to say the least. Mainly because when I do this now center is wherever my head was when I began to reel him into my sights... Understand? Lots of "recentering" occurs thereafter...

Nothing I have done so far is acceptable, however, it makes for a great excuse on my crappy gunnery...

Looking for help from the pro's, the not so pro's, and the ....

Help?
Wayne

Re: Settings for Deadband and centering

Post by Wayne »

Bradly,

What game are you Trying to set TrackIR up with, then I can take a look at a profile for you.