Center track IR with joy button.

jacob12342

Center track IR with joy button.

Post by jacob12342 »

How do I center Track IR with a joystick button? I have a CH Yoke, a Saitek x45 HOTAS and would like to set center to a joystick button. This is for Track IR 3 and Microsoft flight sim 2004, IL2, LOMAC, and Strike Fighters, fs2004 being the first to do.
DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Re: Center track IR with joy button.

Post by DonULFonso »

At the moment the TrackIR does not allow to use analog DirectX-buttons or even chorded keyboard-keys (requested here and
here); feel free to back up said reuests.

Right now the only way to program a joystick-button with whatever TIR-function is to assign the according key to te desired button. (NP for programmable controllers like CH's or TM's.)
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I used the registered version of FSUIPC to assign my right yoke button to the key I have assigned for center in my profile. Works great. The only caveat is that you have to temporarily uncheck the trap checkbox for the assigned key in the profile for FSUIPC to be able to use it. Once you set the FSUIPC assignment, go back and turn the trap back on.
jacob12342

Post by jacob12342 »

quote:Originally posted by DonULFonso:
At the moment the TrackIR does not allow to use analog DirectX-buttons or even chorded keyboard-keys (requested here and
here); feel free to back up said reuests.

Right now the only way to program a joystick-button with whatever TIR-function is to assign the according key to te desired button. (NP for programmable controllers like CH's or TM's.)Yes, I have tried to assign a key in the CH control manager to the same key that is the Track IR hotkey. It seems that the Track IR softeware makes a direct link to the hotkey and blocks out all other input, kinda like me when I'm running the sim, but thats beside the point...

I'm seeing if anyone has assigned a CH Yoke or Saitek button to center Track IR, and if so, how you did it.

I am looking into the FSUIPC method.
DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Post by DonULFonso »

Bear with me if I should appear dumb, but what exactly is your problem?

CH's, Saitek's any many other manufacturers' controllers are programmable, so it shouldn't be any issue to make one of its buttons generate a keystroke (e.g. "F12", or anything you like), right? That's what I do with my TMs: let one of its buttons generate the key that's mapped to the TIR's "center" function - and no problems here! (BTW, I don't use the default "F12", but this shouldn't matter.)

Your TIR doesn't care who or what or where this key is coming from - your keyboard or your stick emulating a keyboard. All the TIR "sees" is the key being generated.

[ January 21, 2005, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: DonULFonso ]
Natural1

Post by Natural1 »

If your controller doesn't have software, "joymap" works great for assigning keystrokes to joystick input.
jacob12342

Post by jacob12342 »

Update: It works great. The problem was that I didnt "download" the map to the joystick software. "Saving" the map is called "downloading" which is why I didnt thnk to download after editing the new command to center Track IR.

Thanks for your help. It is kinda complex to take full advantage of all features and I am learning through trial and error. It helps a lot to have people offer advise.