BSD with new install

FUBAR

BSD with new install

Post by FUBAR »

I received my Trackir 3 pro today, checked the support for any issues I should be aware of, discovered I had the wrong software. downloaded the correct software!

Uninstalled TrackIR 2 rebooted, installed new downloaded software, it installed fine no errors, connected the head to the USB port, did the search (auto) asked to confirm did that, then blue screen of death, tried again uninstalling software reinstalling again everything ok, connected head searched for software, confirmed to continue, BSD 4 blinkin times now with the same error.

*** stop:0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF78B0800, 0XF78EEAAC, 0xF78EE7A8)
*** npusb.sys - address F78B0800 Base at F78AF000 Date stamp 41d97a31

My TrackIR 2 was working fine, Only having an issue with this TrackIR 3 Pro

Any ideas
FUBAR

Re: BSD with new install

Post by FUBAR »

***update***

I uninstalled everything yet again, then went into the registry and deleted any reference to Track IR, reinstalled everything again....No errors or BSD this time, I wonder if there was a conflict from TrackIR 2 still lurking someplace that just did not want to die?

Anyhow everything looks fine, other than what someone else has posted windows sees this as a trackIr 3 no sign of pro anywhere should there be? we have to ask as if you can put the wrong CD in the package, I am sure you could also put the wrong head in there too
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

FUBAR,

Good news that the problem is solved as far as the BSOD is concerned.

When you start your TrackIR software in the main window will be displayed the unit that you have... What is your serial number?
FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

It does show TrackIR Pro 26240 on the main window